1 ... 3 4 5
tuna55
tuna55 New Reader
1/31/09 5:51 p.m.

FYI all, we are selling Tunachuckers T shirts this year. Get em while they are hot when we get to the track!

Brian

RobL
RobL New Reader
1/31/09 6:50 p.m.

I was thinking about two t-shirts. One saying "I love the judge" and have a picture of Jonny. The second would be "I hate the judge" and have another picture of Jonny, and then have a place to put the number of laps their car was given with the words "I'm innocent" somewhere.

bam2002
bam2002 New Reader
2/4/09 4:16 p.m.

We just started to get the engine replaced on our CMP car from last year. We overheated it bad.

I was given a free engine that had been turboed. Just the engine no turbo.. It was buring oil..
Well after taking it apart, we can see why it was free.

So looks like we will be grabbing some rods off the old engine and getting pistons from the junkyard.

B

RobL
RobL New Reader
2/4/09 4:26 p.m.

Eurotrash? Right? Going to be there again this year?

bam2002
bam2002 New Reader
2/4/09 9:07 p.m.

Yep we will be there again. We just need to update the car with the cut off switch and get the engine together.

Team Eurotrash.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
2/12/09 2:51 p.m.

We have dropped from 6 drivers to 5. The Romanian Stallion had a run in with a neighbor's dog (a shepherd/pit bull mix) which chomped on his left hand and his, er, goolies. His goolies are OK but he has to have surgery on his hand, probably won't be ready to go by April.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/12/09 6:05 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: We have dropped from 6 drivers to 5. The Romanian Stallion had a run in with a neighbor's dog (a shepherd/pit bull mix) which chomped on his left hand and his, er, goolies. His goolies are OK but he has to have surgery on his hand, probably won't be ready to go by April.

Damn! No plum wine.....

btp76
btp76 New Reader
2/17/09 6:44 p.m.

Same car as the first pic, but a new look.

jbone
jbone None
2/17/09 8:29 p.m.

bam2002
bam2002 New Reader
2/18/09 5:57 a.m.

We have dropped to 4 drivers.

We figure it is more seat time. At least 2 hours per day. Since there is only about 17 hours of track time. I am looking forward to spending a good amount of time in the car driving.

B

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
2/18/09 6:26 a.m.

We are thinking the same thing. Last year we each got about 2 hours of track time, we should each get around 3 this time. We kept the stints kinda short last year due to the heat and we also had a couple of mechanicals which kept us in the pits for a couple of hours. Hopefully that's going to be much better this year.

RobL
RobL New Reader
2/18/09 7:33 a.m.

btp76, are you the guys who hit 6er?

btp76
btp76 New Reader
2/18/09 10:25 a.m.

We didn't hit anybody. Who's 6er?

RobL
RobL New Reader
2/18/09 12:16 p.m.

http://jalopnik.com/tag/24-hours-of-lemons-south/?id=399323

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
2/18/09 2:40 p.m.

Ah yes, the 'Chemical Ali'. I have never seen so many 'Little Trees' in one place in my life.

One of my drivers had to inflate the complaint/refund girl. I thought it was gonna kill him.

RobL
RobL Reader
2/18/09 2:56 p.m.

Yeah. I was explaining to someone that racing isn't just about the sights and sounds. The smells on track are great too. I was folllowing one of the caprices when the smell of his brakes changed "pitch." I hung back at the next corner and sure enough he had lost his brakes. You get used to the odors and then I was following the mustang and thinking WTF is that smell. It wasn't until later I had found out that they got the Chemical Ali treatment.

bam2002
bam2002 New Reader
2/18/09 3:37 p.m.

Yea we have photos of the installation of the air freshiners. i never noticed its smell on the track though.

We got lucky and when we were black flagged due to getting rear ended by the winning RX7 they admitted fault and we were free to go.

But we did spend about 90 min total in the pits due to a cooling issue.. ITs new hoses this year.. hopefully no mechanical issues.

B

Carson
Carson HalfDork
2/18/09 6:19 p.m.
bam2002 wrote:

Ouch, do you have some kind of fisheye lens on your camera or something?

ww
ww Dork
2/18/09 7:09 p.m.

Dang! They bent EVERY rod! That's impressive!

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JS6skzDvkgeoBwnIkQgsyhfxKLiMxOoWCEqXBRxempEqpP4OsUMcTkLMaRCpqSwH