hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/18/19 9:43 p.m.

Simone Giertz, queen of E36 M3ty robots, buys a brand new Tesla 3 and turns it into a pickup with the help of a bunch of friends.

Build video

Then she shot a commercial for it. 

Enjoy.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/19 10:03 p.m.

I've never heard of her, but I watched the commercial and then read her Wikipedia page, from which I quote:

"On April 30, 2018, Giertz announced via YouTube that she had been diagnosed with a noncancerous brain tumor.[18] After surgery to remove the grade I meningioma on May 30, 2018, she has continued to post humorous and upbeat accounts of her post-surgery progress, including photos of her "potential super-villain scar"[19] and a public address video on her Patreon account.[20] On January 18, 2019, Giertz reported that her tumor had returned.[21]"

That truly sucks, but should she happen to see this thread somehow, I'd like her to know that my Dad had the same type of brain tumor removed almost two years to the day before she was born, and he's still here at 88.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/18/19 10:26 p.m.

I too was not aware of her. 

I thoroughly enjoyed!!! 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/18/19 10:51 p.m.

Must've got the idea from my old Saab.

Just kidding.

But that Teslaute is seriously awesome. I salute the Teslaute.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/19/19 12:15 a.m.

I am familiar with her because of the "failure bots"

don't love the "truckla" but props to her for building it. 

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
6/19/19 7:32 a.m.

That's pretty dang cool!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/19/19 10:04 a.m.

Everything about the way this story has hit feels like a publicity stunt, but that doesn't take away from the fact that an EV pickup truck with the range and performance of a Tesla would be pretty awesome.  Props to them for going first...  now give that thing a lift kit and some knobby tires!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/19/19 10:21 a.m.

I used to watch her videos, but when she was given a billion dollar robot to play with I list interest when she used it for silly things. I knew she had the tumor, but didn't realize it came back. Hopefully she can beat it again and this time for good. She is a smart person and makes worthwhile videos and has enough connections/influence to get access to cool stuff.

If I were a company who made some techy type nerdy products, she is exactly the kind of place I would spend my advertising budget.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/27/19 3:28 p.m.

I think she's awesome, and her Tesla-ute does nothing to change my opinion.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jG52VQi4M1SImezHmWk2wuKSxYFRSZraILZEQqpxVEf6abch0Pq4VqDGl0UXIR26