1 2 3
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/3/12 11:51 p.m.
Javelin wrote: I DROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also the neighbors called the cops )

Eh, it's what neighbors do. They all come crawling back when the CV joint in their minivan starts clicking..(true story).

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/4/12 4:25 a.m.

You, sir, are my hero!

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
8/4/12 6:56 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Eh, it's what neighbors do. They all come crawling back when the CV joint in their minivan starts clicking..(true story).

you do remind them that they are the ones that called the cops on you ...? right ....? do you then ask them if they see the irony in that ?

1966stang
1966stang Reader
8/4/12 7:33 a.m.

Awesome!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/4/12 9:02 a.m.

I would catagorize that as a very successful test.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/12 9:11 a.m.

I didn't adjust the rear drums right (it's my first time!) so they were locking up. Everything else worked perfect! I have to jack up the rear end and re-do that, then it's off to the shop for a trans filter and fresh rear end grease, then the exhaust shop, then the DOL for the safety inspection, then I'm good to go!!!

(I probably ought to wash the mold off and kill the fungus jungle in the interior in there somewhere, too...)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/4/12 9:51 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:

They don't call when you've already got the dirt on them.

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
8/4/12 10:10 a.m.

So, what did the cops say?

And what did you tell them.

Just thinking of someone calling the cops on me because of driving a car down the block has my blood pressure very high. I would probably have ended up in jail. Multiple times for torturing them for the next couple years with constant donuts in there front yard.

Javelin
8/4/12 11:09 a.m.

Actually they called thinking somebody was street racing. The officer drove around the block twice, but by then the car was already in the driveway and he didn't even look at it. We heard later, turns out it was one of our friends!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/12 11:49 a.m.

HE He He. Where I live we have a gun range close enough to distinguish what type of weapon is being fired. My neighbor across the street has a Harley (good friend) as does two others down the street and since they all ride together they are my friends as well. No one cares about an uncorked car. There is an elderly woman across the street that we all look after as he husband died a couple years back and she even likes the sounds of loud cars. She said it reminds her of the 50's when she was out with the boys. I took the Porsche out with out an exhaust on it a while back and I got thumbs up from my neighbors as I went around the block. There Is a kid up the street putting a big block in a 94 camaro. You should have head that test drive. I think the whole town heard it. LOL

There is one unwritten rule. Only between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Violations will get you a visit form your neighbor not the police.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/12 11:51 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Proof: Film at 11!

That is simply outstanding!!!!!!

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/4/12 8:11 p.m.

Very well done, sir. Looks great and I'm sure all the hard work has paid off. I tip my beer to you.

Carro Atrezzi
Carro Atrezzi GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/12 9:03 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:

I guess some of us are luckier than others

My next door neighbor builds Top Alcohol dragsters. He shakes the whole otherwise peaceful town. Nobody complains cause he's been doing it for 30 years. There's no noise I could make that would come close to topping his.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
8/5/12 11:17 a.m.
Carro Atrezzi wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
I guess some of us are luckier than others My next door neighbor builds Top Alcohol dragsters. He shakes the whole otherwise peaceful town. Nobody complains cause he's been doing it for 30 years. There's no noise I could make that would come close to topping his.

I'd give a digit to have just one neighbor w/ louder and/or more cars than me, just to absorb some of the hate.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
8/5/12 11:27 a.m.

Awesome . . . nothing like starting and driving your project!!

Javelin wrote:

friedgreencorrado
8/5/12 4:14 p.m.
motomoron wrote: I'd give a digit to have just one neighbor w/ louder and/or more cars than me, just to absorb some of the hate.

I've got a neighbor working on a Cutlass, but he's not anywhere near ready to fire it up yet.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Reader
8/6/12 5:20 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Awesome AMC.

Also glad to see someone build an AMC 360.

Javelin
8/6/12 7:13 p.m.

Video of first re-fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVO2X0oVQEc&feature=youtu.be

Working on the first drive video now.

Also, I just drove the Javelin to somewhere, stopped, and came back!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/6/12 7:22 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Video of first re-fire! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVO2X0oVQEc&feature=youtu.be Working on the first drive video now. Also, I just drove the Javelin to somewhere, stopped, and came back!

nice

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
8/6/12 7:24 p.m.

Sounds good!

Did you wear your GRM shirt on purpose?

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
8/6/12 7:53 p.m.

Sweet!!!

I have got to get another V8 in my life.

I'll tell my annoying the neighbors with open exhaust story now. I had a 79' T/A with a 403 Old's motor in it. A railroad tie came loose with a spike sticking up that ripped off the front swaybar, exhaust ripped off breaking the manifolds, through the transmission pan and rear sway bar.

Que big check from the railroad.

I was having trouble getting the new trans to shift, so I had a buddy who was a mechanic come over to help me figure it out. He showed up just after I had installed the Hooker super comp headers. He took it for a very easy drive down the little street behind the shop. He was barely above idle just loping along. As he was coming back from the end of the street this guy comes running out of his house waving his fist out in the middle of the street with a camera taking pictures like crazy. He tried to get a shot of the license plates but I didn't have them on at the time. For some reason that just shot fire through me. I said well if he wants a picture I'll at least make it a good one. Promptly jumped in the drives seat pulled up in front of his house and proceeded to melt the tires off of it.

Yeah, it was childish. But not nearly as childish as me doing it like clockwork for the next three days. I never got a visit from the cops but I bet those tire marks are still on the street some fifteen years later.

Javelin
8/6/12 8:14 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Sounds good! Did you wear your GRM shirt on purpose?

Depends on whether or not I get swag if I say "yes"!!! Pretty good product placement if you ask me.

friedgreencorrado
8/6/12 8:17 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Video of first re-fire! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVO2X0oVQEc&feature=youtu.be Working on the first drive video now. Also, I just drove the Javelin to somewhere, stopped, and came back!

Sweet! Dude, you turned it back into a car!

Javelin
8/6/12 9:32 p.m.

And here it is, the first drive!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVPYWeuTBkE&feature=youtu.be

I took it to the gas station for a feeding, too. I'll post that video as well.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz Reader
8/6/12 10:13 p.m.

Congrats on returning it to the streets! Open exhaust sounds mean.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b7huGqFBF8KwDZu3sEuwmAQaJrhWSmlUkPFTPEpVjSJSXrBeUKJwdRD707zM4q8R