1 2 3 4
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/25/13 10:13 a.m.

I reeeeaaaaally want to molest a 2nd gen Regular cab S-dime step side - boosted 3.8, LSD, rear suspension from something like a S13 or Miata, big ass meats out back, probably flares...and go flatten some cones

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
10/25/13 10:16 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
stan wrote: That A40 looks like a domestic full-sized from the 50s.
Except it only ~153 inches long.

...and had 1200 thundering CCs, too.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
10/25/13 11:22 a.m.
stan wrote:
pinchvalve wrote:
WTH is that??

Context clues suggest that it's a Chevy Montana.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/25/13 11:34 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/25/13 12:12 p.m.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/13 12:15 p.m.
Vigo wrote:
stan wrote:
pinchvalve wrote:
WTH is that??
Context clues suggest that it's a Chevy Montana.

Yes it does.

jde
jde Reader
10/25/13 1:01 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: I reeeeaaaaally want to molest a 2nd gen Regular cab S-dime step side - boosted 3.8, LSD, rear suspension from something like a S13 or Miata, big ass meats out back, probably flares...and go flatten some cones...

I am intrigued by your ideas, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

My high school ride was an '85 shortbed S10 with a small-block dropped in it. Still sitting at my parents, need to revive it one of these years...

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
10/25/13 1:26 p.m.

I'm just wondering how I can cheaply and easily make a 33mpg rwd pickup.

Maybe take a older 300TD and turn it into a truck?

Awww god no what I have done!

Whew, that was close.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/25/13 1:28 p.m.
jde wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: I reeeeaaaaally want to molest a 2nd gen Regular cab S-dime step side - boosted 3.8, LSD, rear suspension from something like a S13 or Miata, big ass meats out back, probably flares...and go flatten some cones...
I am intrigued by your ideas, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. My high school ride was an '85 shortbed S10 with a small-block dropped in it. Still sitting at my parents, need to sell it to you CHEAP one of these days...

FTFY...youre right in my backyard...Im living near Cox road and Tylersville in West Chester right now

jde
jde Reader
10/25/13 2:23 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Copy that. I'm off Cin-Day on the south edge of Monroe. We'll have to benchrace over lunch or a pint or something.

My small truck theory involves dropping an LS into a 2nd-gen stepside that stops and handles someday. My old S10 would need a lot of work since it's been sitting for 10+ years, but it has sentimental value.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
10/25/13 2:41 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Sometimes, you need a full size...

That's not a full size. Bullwinkle is riding in a Dakota.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
10/25/13 2:50 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Shelby!

Try this one:

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
10/25/13 3:05 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I'm just wondering how I can cheaply and easily make a 33mpg rwd pickup. Maybe take a older 300TD and turn it into a truck? Awww god no what I have done! Whew, that was close.

Jeep or Toyota (with some bell housing swapping) plus http://www.mercedesdiesel4x4.com/ with an OM617 gets you a real truck that could probably reach your goal.

OR

Jeep (with some bell housing swapping) or Toyota plus http://www.acmeadapters.com/store_engine.php and a VW TDI.

• Lee
jde
jde Reader
10/25/13 3:10 p.m.

Saw this sticker job earlier this week:

It's not a Dakota, it's a Dacuda!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/25/13 3:14 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: I reeeeaaaaally want to molest a 2nd gen Regular cab S-dime step side - boosted 3.8, LSD, rear suspension from something like a S13 or Miata, big ass meats out back, probably flares...and go flatten some cones

You're not the only one.

I'd love to have a 5spd 2wd 4.3 Vortec with the ZQ9 package. Bonus points for standard cab and flare bed.

The fun i would have in that should be and would be illegal.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
10/25/13 3:44 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: I reeeeaaaaally want to molest a 2nd gen Regular cab S-dime step side - boosted 3.8, LSD, rear suspension from something like a S13 or Miata, big ass meats out back, probably flares...and go flatten some cones
You're not the only one. I'd love to have a 5spd 2wd 4.3 Vortec with the ZQ9 package. Bonus points for standard cab and flare bed. The fun i would have in that should be and would be illegal.

They seem very hard to find without the extended cab......I look everyday for the same config.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
10/25/13 7:50 p.m.

I had a brown one

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
10/25/13 9:23 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
You're not the only one. I'd love to have a 5spd 2wd 4.3 Vortec with the ZQ9 package. Bonus points for standard cab and flare bed. The fun i would have in that should be and would be illegal.

My son has a black extended cab step side, 4.3 5 spd. He's done a little work to it. It motors.

This is my DD, a work in progress.

Don't know where he get's it from...

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/26/13 12:00 a.m.
Sultan wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
They seem very hard to find without the extended cab......I look everyday for the same config.

I had an extended cab ZQ with the straight bed. It handled better than my modified Impala SS.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/26/13 12:44 a.m.

photo S102010406.jpg

photo GRM2010Challenge128.jpg

photo GRM2010Challenge574.jpg

photo GRM2010Saturday-92.jpg

Build thread

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1996-chevy-s10-challenger/52505/page1/

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
10/26/13 11:35 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:

South American Something?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/26/13 2:19 p.m.

Ford Courier perhaps.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners