aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
10/3/12 11:44 a.m.

One of our own has offered to make a set for the challenger if I can get the specs, so.

Anybody got a spare or the specs on these plz

Steve

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/3/12 12:15 p.m.

I can not help you wiht parts or specs on the mustang but if your friend could make up ones that have bolt in ball joints that replace the aluminum A arms in the 944's I bet they could make a little $$$ selling them on the side.

Dean

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/3/12 12:25 p.m.

Aussie if you end up getting these done, I would prob be interested in a set. For some reason I'm having a hard time getting mustang exhaust sounds out of my head, and I tend to lean towards the sn cars.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
10/3/12 12:25 p.m.

I know they are 1" longer per arm vs the Fox, plus the different ball joint.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
10/3/12 12:44 p.m.

What is the caster change?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
10/3/12 12:56 p.m.

I'd probably pass.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90711

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/12 2:15 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: I can not help you wiht parts or specs on the mustang but if your friend could make up ones that have bolt in ball joints that replace the aluminum A arms in the 944's I bet they could make a little $$$ selling them on the side. Dean

Like the original stamped steel arms do? :)

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/12 2:15 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: I'd probably pass. http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90711

linkfale

jimbbski
jimbbski Reader
10/3/12 4:25 p.m.

If your going to make you own then you can really make them as long or short as you want. I made a couple of different sets for my race car. One was a fixed length using stock Fox BJ and poly bushings. The second set used the taller BJ then available and heim joints for the inner mounts. I just used spacers to move the LCA forward or backward on the mounting bolts to set the caster. I could also adjust the heim length to move the BJ forward or backward as well which changes the caster setting as well. You can also change the length of the heims to change camber.

I used 3/4 heims and 5/8 bolts and spacers with shoulders sized to fit the ID of the heim.

I made these on a jig I made using a stock FOX LCAs with the BJ location being moveable. Use .120 DOM tubing of at least 1 inch OD to 1.5 OD for the LCAs. Making the "pocket" for the BJ is the tough thing if you don't have access to someone with a lathe. I happern to own my own and this was not an issue. BJ's do not all have the same OD. Moogs tend to be larger and some are samller then OEM. Don't assume they are all the same size!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
10/4/12 8:29 a.m.

In reply to jimbbski:

That is great info.

The adjustable set you built is about what I have in mind, I just want the info for the camber caster changes to set a baseline.

jimbbski
jimbbski Reader
10/4/12 6:19 p.m.

What I would do is make a prototype set of LCAs. Using just any old scrap steel tubing you can make some arms to use to take measurements to see just what you need as to length, etc. This is time well spent as that is what I did when I made mine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bPfrlBIIY7kgwEPpgBfMp7X2s9DMC4L46F96Oml49F1SClt5FRt4ORn1MbsfGIaS