Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
11/28/15 11:11 p.m.

All you witnessed my C30, G37, BMW 1 Series, Audi A3, GTI, and list goes on back-and-forth back-and-forth.

Just got back from 6 hours of driving to pickup a 2013 c30. One owner blah blah blah, saved $$$ driving as they gave me a great deal on my trade in and I talked them down a bunch (I've gotten so good at this, like pro). In short it's by far the most expensive car I've purchased, its fancy, so fancy I push a button to start it and walk up to my car to open it. The 5cyl turbo is extremely fun, makes good noise, and just feels super stout. The interior is extremely sharp looking. Active headlights is weird, but I can see how this could save someone's life and hurt my wallet down the road.

and this is what I ate. Took advantage of being by the water, as I'm too far inland for decent seafood.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
11/29/15 12:58 a.m.

Congrats! I know it's a 'master of none' kind of car, but it's still a really elegant design that does a lot of things well and looks good doing it.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
11/29/15 1:44 a.m.

Looks great, I really like those but they seem to be holding their value very well.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/29/15 6:56 a.m.

Good. Now go find an MS3 rear sway and put it in. It honestly transforms the car for cheap. Surprised you didn't grab the blue g37 coupe we were chatting about.

Enjoy it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/29/15 9:20 a.m.

Cool car--congrats. I always enjoyed my time behind the wheel of that one.

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
11/29/15 9:35 a.m.

Looking good! Always liked those but haven't gotten around to test driving one.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
11/29/15 9:52 a.m.

Thanks!

bmw88rider wrote: Good. Now go find an MS3 rear sway and put it in. It honestly transforms the car for cheap. Surprised you didn't grab the blue g37 coupe we were chatting about. Enjoy it.

Will do, going to hunt one down. Yea, I liked the G37, great car. Some reason the C30 was speaking a bit more to me.

nepa03focus wrote: Looks great, I really like those but they seem to be holding their value very well.

Yea, they really seem to have held their value. Though dealerships are willing to negotiate on them because they have some fierce competition from other hatches. I was able to talk down $1k-3k depending on the dealer for the C30.

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/29/15 10:09 a.m.

Congrats! About time you decided!

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
11/29/15 10:19 a.m.

Great choice. I've always liked those.

Begather
Begather New Reader
10/13/16 3:58 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/13/16 6:50 a.m.

Sweet! I seriously considered one several years ago. I suspect if I had bought it, I wouldn't have gone through so many cars since then.

Klayfish
Klayfish UberDork
10/13/16 7:32 a.m.

Canoe!!!!

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/13/16 7:38 a.m.

Nice car! It should outlast you if that is your typical diet :)

EDIT: DOH! Fooled by a canoe. Does anyone know if the OP is still alive and/or had angioplasty yet?

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/13/16 7:40 a.m.

Guys, this thread is like a year old and I think OP already sold the C30. It was bumped by a canoe asking about Maybachs...

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
10/13/16 7:41 a.m.

Good looking car! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't stare long and hard at that seafood dinner. I haven't eaten good seafood in a LONG time

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
10/13/16 7:42 a.m.
pointofdeparture wrote: Guys, this thread is like a year old and I think OP already sold the C30. It was bumped by a canoe asking about Maybachs...

DOH! Still, that dinner looks great. Pretty sure the fish would've turned by now, though...

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
10/13/16 8:34 a.m.

I though something smelled fishy

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/13/16 9:08 a.m.

Great score! I've always liked those--- and you're right--- the interiors are really nice places to spend time!

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
10/18/16 6:10 p.m.

Haha why was this thread bumped. I now drive a 300k mile junk volvo 245 and enjoy it. Having $14k debt didn't sit right with me :)

Im still alive. Had ice cream for lunch today. I go to gym often

former520
former520 Reader
10/19/16 12:31 a.m.
Coldsnap wrote: Haha why was this thread bumped. I now drive a 300k mile junk volvo 255 and enjoy it. Having $14k debt didn't sit right with me :) Im still alive. Had ice cream for lunch today. I go to gym often

I resemble both those remarks!! Photos of ice cream, I know it is a car forum, but it still is the internet and the need to have pictures of all food all the time is real.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/16 7:51 a.m.

Other than the debt, how did you like the C30? Thinking about one for my daughter.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
10/19/16 8:49 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: Other than the debt, how did you like the C30? Thinking about one for my daughter.

It's a damn good daughter car. The guy who bought it off me got it for his daughters first car. I drove a lot of smallish cars (fiat 500, fiesta, audi a3, g37) and this one that I felt confident in it's safety. The doors are heavy and close like a vault. I think it's styling is better for females anyways. My girlfriend fell in love with it and I think she is still mad at me for selling it, but she drove it more than I did. The only negative I could see is it's fast enough to get in trouble in.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7rD9qvLOficm7TALQrAVCgmGKrj8ntVLjBhYdah78qNv4fOKbJX0YbKlusGju9Vw