docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
5/8/18 3:25 p.m.

All of a sudden I'm no longer getting email alerts from threads I've subscribed to.  This happening to the rest of you guys?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/8/18 3:31 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Are you still using the comcast email address? If not, send me a pm with the new email address and I'll update it for you. (Outgoing pms still work even if your email is wrong).

Just to test it, I have subscribed to this thread.

EastCoastMojo
5/8/18 3:32 p.m.

Test post

<edit> I did receive the notification for this test post. 

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
5/8/18 5:36 p.m.

Yes, same comcast address...  But not getting email pings still

EastCoastMojo
5/8/18 5:39 p.m.

Sent you a pm to see if that part is working for you

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
5/8/18 7:11 p.m.

Nope, didn't get that either...

EastCoastMojo
5/8/18 7:37 p.m.

Are emails from admin@grassrootsmotorsports.com getting routed to your spam folder by chance? Does comcast have a safe senders list that you can add that email address to?

Edit: looks like they do have a way to mark messages as "not spam", in case that's what's going on.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
5/8/18 9:25 p.m.

I've never gotten any

EastCoastMojo
5/8/18 9:32 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Your profile did not have notifications enabled. I just changed that and bumped one of your watched threads. Did you get an email notification?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
5/9/18 5:42 a.m.

I did not. Is it going to my gmail?  That's the email I use

EastCoastMojo
5/9/18 6:04 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Yep, gmail.

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
5/9/18 8:38 a.m.

Nope, nothing in my spam folder.  I never had an issues getting them before, they just all of a sudden stopped...

EastCoastMojo
5/9/18 8:45 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

What is the last date you received one (approximately if you don't know for sure)? I am going to contact Ed to see of he has any input. This is kind of strange. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/9/18 9:10 a.m.

Ummm, how does one subscribe to a thread? I don't see any buttons that give that option. Although I recall encountering one once, but it didn't work.

EastCoastMojo
5/9/18 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Kreb :

Just below the thread title there is an icon that looks like an eye. Clicking that adds the thread to your watchlist. You can access your watchlist from the dropdown menu. To sign up for email notifications when a watched thread is updated, go to your profile page - click on your avatar and click the edit profile button. There is a box to check to receive emails. 

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
5/9/18 9:16 a.m.

I have never gotten a notification email. I have it enabled in my profile and my email address is correct. 

Side note: does replying automatically subscribe you to a thread?

EastCoastMojo
5/9/18 9:19 a.m.

In reply to Armitage :

Replying does not subscribe you to a thread, you must click the icon described in my post above.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
5/10/18 1:05 p.m.

Thanks for reporting this. We'll have the devs take a look at the watch topic tool as soon as possible.

EastCoastMojo
5/10/18 4:22 p.m.

Thanks Ed!

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
6/25/18 4:23 p.m.

Still not getting email notices from threads I've subscribed to....

EastCoastMojo
6/25/18 4:36 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Thanks for the update, I'll reach out to Ed to see if the devs have had a chance to look into this. 

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
6/25/18 4:49 p.m.

Side note: is there a way to un-watch a thread? Not the email updates, but on my profile itself. Some seem to have run their course. But the Valiant is staying on mine, ECMojo!! 

EastCoastMojo
6/25/18 4:55 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

laugh

To remove a thread from your watchlist use the drop down menu to navigate to Your Watchlist.  Scroll down to see the list of all topics you are currently watching and click Remove next to the one you want to delete. 

I hope to have some Valimino updates to post soon!

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
6/25/18 4:58 p.m.

Can't wait! and thanks. I should have been able to find that.blush

EastCoastMojo
6/26/18 9:24 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Just wanted to update you that this issue is still on the list of items for the web developers to dig into. There are a number of things that they are working on at the moment so I don't have a timeframe for when it will be addressed, but it has not been forgotten. Thanks for your patience! yes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
duE0OplBNYQmNo7KxrQ2PeaMBbNMYEweVk99Oh9P27kkJCcWCIs9djhE1Xgubwbl