1 2 3 4
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
10/4/12 6:21 p.m.

Going to read my manual on the MINI and see if I feel like tackling changing the serpentine belt. Also looking at what it may take to replace the harmonic balancer as I understand they're prone to self destruct. If I don't do either of those I'll spend time cleaning the engine bay of my Miata.

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
10/4/12 6:29 p.m.

Replace the wheel bearings on the front of my S197 and sway bar end links.. Last autocross on the 14th.. then she's away for the winter...

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
10/4/12 6:37 p.m.

Finish installing the new posi carrier and gears in the Enduro car. (65 Buick Skylark) Then start the front drum brakes to disc swap.

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
10/4/12 7:00 p.m.

Gonna be a lot of fun at the NASA event in Sebring with the races and autoX, but its gonna be the closer to the year. Gonna be taking a break after this weekend on the Miata build. Gonna be picking it back up in mid Jan or so. Gotta get 2 sets of tires to replace. 1 for daily use and the others for autoX and track days. The parts that I want mainly are gonna be out sometime next year, so its getting the money up for those ans well as the money up for the HPDEs. Is it a bad thing that I already have plans for my tax return to put in the Miata?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
10/4/12 7:41 p.m.

Trying to find a MKI jetta for cheap, then getting my snow plow out and getting it welded up and the hydraulics good. Then hoping to mount said plow to jetta.

4g63t
4g63t HalfDork
10/4/12 8:11 p.m.

Changing the pigtail on the #1 fuel injector on the VR-4 to find all the cylinders and detailing the GTZ

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
10/4/12 8:16 p.m.

I ordered some ignition upgrades for the BMW but I doubt they'll get here by this weekend

Gotta work Saturday so all I'll do is maybe wash it and wash the wife's car on Sunday.

JtspellS
JtspellS HalfDork
10/4/12 8:19 p.m.

Road trip from Baltimore to mid coast maine, although ive done the route more times than i can remember it is still fun/daunting.

I think the worst part is once i cross the maine border i still have +/- 3.5 hours to go

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
10/4/12 8:33 p.m.

After a long search I finally found Kosei T1Rs in 16x8.5, 35 offset. Treads are about 8.4" so just right.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
10/4/12 8:45 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Going to read my manual on the MINI and see if I feel like tackling changing the serpentine belt. Also looking at what it may take to replace the harmonic balancer as I understand they're prone to self destruct. If I don't do either of those I'll spend time cleaning the engine bay of my Miata.

The belt requires a tool for the tensioner that's available from many vendors for not too much money. If you post a 'diy help' on a local MINI forum, somebody probably has one (I do).

The balancer is a bit more involved to change. You need a few special tools to pull it off and press the new one on. These I don't have... yet...

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
10/4/12 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

1800ES? Tell me more...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/4/12 9:02 p.m.

I'm teaching this weekend at Street Survival--should be fun.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
10/4/12 9:28 p.m.

No time to do anything with any of my cars on Saturday. I'll be at work, watching, hopefully, about 400 Wrangler bodies roll past my desk...

When I wake up Sunday afternoon, I will probably drive out to my shop, and sit in a chair, drink a couple beers, and stare at the gutted interior of the Atomic Hairball.

By the end of the day, I hope to make a decision on how to paint the interior. Shoot it with a fresh coat of primer and be done with it, or coat it with bed-liner?

Right now, I'm thinking I may do a Plasti-Dip spray on the tub, just to see how it holds up.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
10/5/12 10:30 a.m.

I just ordered paint for the 72 LTD, so plan to do some bodywork and prep on it over the weekend. I HOPE to at least be able to do the jambs by next weekend. If I actually take pics this time I'll start a thread on it. Right now the car is a horrible shade of nickelodeon slime green. The new color is a dark metallic green seen on newer Fords.

I also need to install the wiring harness in my 75 Chevy truck that I've been putting off all year.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/5/12 10:34 a.m.

Selling it.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/5/12 10:36 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Trying to find a MKI jetta for cheap, then getting my snow plow out and getting it welded up and the hydraulics good. Then hoping to mount said plow to jetta.

Post pictures or I will HUNT YOUR ASS DOWN!

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
10/5/12 10:54 a.m.

Fabricating my Mad Max accessories and bolting them to my DD to prepare for the SoCal fuel shortage

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JL0ysbbD1fGFG6amx8JiFPrIUQ10bc2aro3mBX8IHbJ03qr48Hie7g8RGfMhHnO1