Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/13 6:53 p.m.

This is how owning a field of broken AMC's starts, isn't it?

First was a 68 343/Auto SST in White with a Black stripe and Red interior, non-running, but complete. Been sitting in a field for quite a few years. Good price and Dad is having me go look at it for him.

Second was a primered 72 304/2Bbl/727TF SST that's really, really straight and zero rust. This one's a runner/driver but missing the big ticket items (grill, valance, bumpers, trim). On the plus side, it's an A/C car! PS, but manual 4-wheel drums.

Third is another 72, this one a rarer base model in solid Green with a Black interior. Unknown engine, 4Bbl, that's been garaged and is a 2-owner, 1-family car. Grandma passed and now they want to sell it off to pay debts. Supposedly runs/drives perfect.

None of them have vinyl tops either.

I have a bad feeling that I'm going to end up with at least one of these. Luckily for my marriage, it will only be long enough to put them on a truck to Dad in Florida!!!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
5/23/13 7:04 p.m.

The last one sounds like a winner if the price is right.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
5/23/13 10:58 p.m.

If one or more of them really is rust free, I'd be interested in a roller. I don't care about drive train or options, just as long as there aren't big holes in the dash and the like.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
5/24/13 2:21 a.m.

I would like to see someone do a car with a AMC I6 mega build.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
5/24/13 8:00 a.m.

If you like a certain car a lot (like you do with Javelins), there's no shame in owning more than one. I've had multiples cars in the past, and I bet most everyone else here has too. Fill thy yard with AMC's!!!

slefain
slefain UltraDork
5/24/13 8:08 a.m.

<---- has seven cars

Get all three. Do it. Do eeeeeet. Join us, come to the dark side...

M030
M030 HalfDork
5/24/13 8:10 a.m.

I've filled my yard with dead VWs & Porsche 944s, and I don't even like 944s all that much

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
5/24/13 8:31 a.m.

I don't see three build threads!

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
5/24/13 8:37 a.m.

So if your user name is javelin you get offered a bunch of javelins?

Anyone know how to change your screen name?

I'm debating going to either "free Ferrari " or "nympho supermodel"

stroker
stroker Dork
5/24/13 8:49 a.m.

Seems to me like you've got to buy them just so's the rest of us can take two of them off your hands...

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/13 8:54 a.m.

In reply to icaneat50eggs:

I've got a few dozen eggs for ya...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/24/13 8:56 a.m.

I will take number 2.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/24/13 8:58 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote: I don't see three build threads!

...yet!

Javelin
5/24/13 10:15 a.m.
oldopelguy wrote: If one or more of them really is rust free, I'd be interested in a roller. I don't care about drive train or options, just as long as there aren't big holes in the dash and the like.

The primered 72 is. It's an amazingly clean and straight body. I'm going over to look at it again at lunch...

Javelin
5/24/13 10:16 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: If you like a certain car a lot (like you do with Javelins), there's no shame in owning more than one. I've had multiples cars in the past, and I bet most everyone else here has too. Fill thy yard with AMC's!!!

I once owned every color of 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe made... at the same time.

beans
beans New Reader
5/24/13 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

You sound like my friend Ethan. Guy loves 2.3 powered foxbirds. His CP car is silly. You've probably seen it, it's much crazier now with the flares and 335 Hoosier slicks. Drives it on the street all the time.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?29366-The-CP-autox-bird

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
5/24/13 10:24 a.m.
slefain wrote: <---- has seven cars Get all three. Do it. Do eeeeeet. Join us, come to the dark side...

I'm right behind you with 6 that are mine and 3 at my place that aren't. Hell, I'd be all over that '68 if it wasn't rusty......the older ones look better IMHO.

SEADave
SEADave Reader
5/24/13 10:54 a.m.

You gotta get (at least) the 68 since you already have one of the later body styles.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
5/24/13 1:00 p.m.

In reply to beans:

I swore I've seen that with DET SCCA AUTOX events...

That thing IS silly.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/13 1:04 p.m.
javelin said: First was a 68 343/Auto SST in White with a Black stripe and Red interior, non-running, but complete. Been sitting in a field for quite a few years. Good price and Dad is having me go look at it for him.

this one... this one...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
5/24/13 3:10 p.m.
beans wrote: In reply to Javelin: You sound like my friend Ethan. Guy loves 2.3 powered foxbirds. His CP car is silly. You've probably seen it, it's much crazier now with the flares and 335 Hoosier slicks. Drives it on the street all the time. http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?29366-The-CP-autox-bird

That thing is SICK!

Javelin
5/24/13 3:51 p.m.

The 72 is a little rougher than I though, but, it's the same price as the 68. Factory A/C car, too.

Going to look at the 68 for Dad this weekend hopefully. He really wants another 70, but the only one for sale up here is a bit of clunker.

Powar
Powar Dork
5/28/13 8:38 a.m.

You just described what has happened to me over the years with Saabs. I'm down to only five at this point, but they just.... reproduce.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5DUbdXKtDO2DziEE3IQypVu2PUGymvrg46i9UdjphjHfM9CMQbUifhM9ZLOE4OYE