1 2 3
Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/29/16 10:28 a.m.
Harvey wrote:
rustysteel wrote: How about a nice Foxbody Mustang? Cheap, can be made to go fast and did I mention cheap. Wait, I just read 'competitive', nevermind. How about just F-U-N. I'm biased here's a video of my car from Sunday. Cobweb Solo
I know nothing about CAM classes, but somewhere in there these might be competitive I'd imagine.

CAM is a pretty simple concept - do whatever you want with the drivetrain/suspension, leave the body/interior mostly stock is essentially what it boils down to. I'd think a Fox body could be quite competitive now that they've been moved into CAM-T. They're pretty much the most "modern" car in the class (along with the third gen f body) and the rules give you completely free reign to deal with the inherent shortcomings of the chassis.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/29/16 10:45 a.m.
rslifkin wrote:
Harvey wrote:
bentwrench wrote: What year MR2 is desirable?
I think they are talking about the third gen. Doesn't appeal to me because it's basically a Miata with more power. Not really gonna buy another roadster. Don't fit that well into the S2000 either even though I'm co-driving one this year.
But it's a mid-engine Miata...

Yeah, but, if I'm looking for something like that I'd just get a Miata again, it's too close.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/29/16 10:46 a.m.
Furious_E wrote:
Harvey wrote:
rustysteel wrote: How about a nice Foxbody Mustang? Cheap, can be made to go fast and did I mention cheap. Wait, I just read 'competitive', nevermind. How about just F-U-N. I'm biased here's a video of my car from Sunday. Cobweb Solo
I know nothing about CAM classes, but somewhere in there these might be competitive I'd imagine.
CAM is a pretty simple concept - do whatever you want with the drivetrain/suspension, leave the body/interior mostly stock is essentially what it boils down to. I'd think a Fox body could be quite competitive now that they've been moved into CAM-T. They're pretty much the most "modern" car in the class (along with the third gen f body) and the rules give you completely free reign to deal with the inherent shortcomings of the chassis.

I kinda like that they have STP for the Mustangs and Camaros now. You can get the new Mustang with the IRS and do a few things to it and that might be fun. Seems like the class doesn't have a lot of people in it yet.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HesOMkqtwo55FZbBaIkwpIO2HziFIYAhk03eNRNnHTMl9vcDRGeeR4pADI4WYbSK