1 2 3
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/28/12 5:55 p.m.

I just love it that you really named it "Time Bomb". Rancid rocks.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
6/29/12 9:04 a.m.

Some of my friends actually got the reference

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
7/27/12 11:25 a.m.

UPDATE

Took some time yesterday to installed the the RevShift insert(blue). The install was rather easy.

1. I jacked the transmission up.
  2. Dropped the exhaust
  3. Marked the location of the cross member
  4. Removed the crossmember
  5. Took a pry bar and opened the "perished" mount a little
  6. Sprayed the insert and mount with silicon spray
  7. Wacked it in with a rubber 3lbs mallet.

I took the car out for a test and it shifted like butter. The driveline responds MUCH better and faster. ~70% of the "spoon in peanut butter" shifter feel is gone!! Getting first and reverse are easier than ever . . .

Now for the vibration . . . there was a LOT more than with the perished mount. It may because of the dual mass turd now transmitting more vibes due to a more solid mount. It vibed enough to rattle the exhaust and other components under the car. I'm going to use http://www.hurst-drivelines.com/file...ration-FAQ.pdf to do some troubleshooting tonight.

I attempted to reindex the driveshaft (no alignment dot on the diff pinion) again and no love . . . . will try this again tonight.

Still have motor mounts and shocks to do . . . Then on to the fun things like LS7 flywheel and clutch (the local LS1 shop will get this job )

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
7/28/12 7:25 p.m.

Motor mounts and front shocks = DONE!!

The Driver side mount looked new . . . and passenger side is "perished"

After the temperature rose from nice to hell, I got lazy and didn't attempt to try indexing the driveshaft.

I did take it out for a few minutes but not enough the run through the full battery of test from the PDF. I'm starting to think the vibes are from the dual-mass turd. But it feels like a brand new car with the RevShift mounts and Creative-Steel Diff stuffs . .

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
8/5/12 11:17 a.m.

I threw on 2 3/8" fender washers to space the transmission down from the chassis and the vibes are down by ~50%, it's still there but not as bad (still thinking it's the dual-mass turd).

I may try one more washer . . .

Carro Atrezzi
Carro Atrezzi GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/12 5:28 p.m.

Nice score, good job on fixing the nigglies.

must be nice to have that lift!

wish like heck that I had one but I'd have to rebuild my garage

Carro Atrezzi
Carro Atrezzi GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/12 5:31 p.m.

errr on second thought, is it even on a lift? I just assumed it was since the pictures were so clear.

If not then even more kudos to ya!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
8/5/12 5:44 p.m.

No lifts in site!! Nothing but a set of ramps, a few jacks and good set of jack stands.

If I had a lift here at the house, I would almost never leave

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jz633aOMgwiHFWwFkAS9akAXsdF4tGgL2lmffhimA1yCAlwVbY2iajN65i3JJUmg