1 2 3 4
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/25/15 9:17 p.m.

As a yearly joke I buy a gift and secretly wrap it and put it under the tree with name on it.

I bought some HF mechanic gloves only to realize they are both right hands earlier today.

Thanks Pakistan.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
12/25/15 9:21 p.m.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
12/25/15 9:24 p.m.

I nabbed one of those inexpensive joyo analog delay pedals. I was buying a tuner pedal on Amazon for my nephew and it popped up in the "people frequently buy these items together" so i did. Been wanting to experiment with a delay and it was cheap and well reviewed.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/25/15 9:34 p.m.
patgizz wrote: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00REX6USW/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687682&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00EL8UQH4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11J5FN0QWBQ1Q5PKN1EA alphatig 200x may or may not think about buying a truck tomorrow.

Let us know how you like it. I've had my eye on one of those since I sold my old Lincoln (welder) a few months ago.

thedanimal
thedanimal New Reader
12/25/15 9:39 p.m.

Bought myself a workbench from HF and organized the garage.

outasite
outasite Reader
12/25/15 9:41 p.m.

I gave myself Sparco Assetto wheels and BFG GForce Sport Comp2 tires for the Miata

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
12/25/15 10:57 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Oh wait I did... Got some Death Wish and Vahalla Java coffee on order from Amazon.

How do you like the Valhalla compared to the Death Wish? I love Death Wish but have yet to pull the trigger on fhe Valhalla as well

Also Gbodyman, what is boxing day??

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
12/25/15 11:12 p.m.
classicJackets wrote: Also Gbodyman, what is boxing day??

Some weird Canadian crap where people get into fist fights at retail stores while buying more things the day after Christmas.

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
12/25/15 11:34 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon:

Canadian Black Friday?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/15 11:49 p.m.

IIRC, the biggest shopping day in Canada is Dec 23rd. Now there's a nation of planners. But yeah, Boxing Day is the closest there is to Black Friday.

I got myself a bag of stick-on google eyes.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
12/26/15 7:12 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote:

Wow Huck, I guess it went from lunch trippin to lunch rippin

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/26/15 7:44 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Nothing. For several years we got a bonus at Christmas. I would buy me something special out of that and give the rest to the wife and kids as cash. No bonuses since the meltdown and we have been told we will never get any more Christmas bonuses any more. We also have gotten any bonuses since then.

the biggest bonus I ever got was $50 ... way back in the '80s

the plant from whom I retired, had it in writing in the company's by-laws that only management could receive bonuses ... no hourly employee is eligible for a bonus

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/26/15 7:47 a.m.

after I get all well from the surgery, I'm getting a new steering wheel for the CRX .... it's got a crack in the bolt to the hub area ... so this time I'll also get a removable hub ... should take a lot of the stress and strain out of the entry and exit from the car (which has contributed to the crack ... if not been the complete cause)

oh, and a new battery for the CRX ... the odyssey lasted 7+yrs ... wow .... can't see any reason to try another brand

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
12/26/15 7:53 a.m.

I bought myself an MS2 for our challenge car!

In reply to patgizz & mblommel:

I have one of those! pretty sweet Tig for the money

slowride
slowride HalfDork
12/26/15 8:57 a.m.

$50 flashlight

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
12/26/15 9:52 a.m.

Not really for Christmas, but the EFI fuel tank, 3.73's, lsd and LS motor mount adapters for my 67 Camaro project showed up on the 24th. That counts, I think.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/26/15 10:33 a.m.

In reply to wbjones:

When is your surgery? Best of modern medicine and luck to you. Will be thinking about you.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
12/26/15 11:03 a.m.

I bought the last ever emissions inspection for the RX-7 and registered through Dec'17. In Feb'18 antique status kicks in!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/26/15 11:18 a.m.

So far, plans to buy an RX8 for Christmas as a replacement track/auto-x car don't seem to be going too well as the selling dealer kinda didn't drop off the car for a pre-arranged inspection at the Mazda dealer...

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/26/15 1:38 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote: In reply to wbjones: When is your surgery? Best of modern medicine and luck to you. Will be thinking about you.

thanks ... the kidney removal is scheduled as first surgery of the new yr. Jan 4 at 8:15a at the Asheville VA

hope none of the folk doing the work are hung over/PO'ed about having to be back at work

at least it'll get rid of the originating cancer ... then we'll have to figure out what to do with the other 2 tumors that aren't responding to med solutions ... and aren't really good candidates for surgery ...at least not at this time

kb58
kb58 Dork
12/26/15 1:53 p.m.

Finally got something I've wanted for decades, a nice DSLR. I consider it a tool.

Type Q
Type Q Dork
12/26/15 1:58 p.m.

Time off.

After many years of working flat out 12 hour days through December and January with only Christmas and new years day off, I taking Dec 24 through Jan 4 for R&R.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
12/26/15 2:04 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

Ouch. Best of luck man. We'll be praying for you.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
12/26/15 3:52 p.m.

Bought myself a new Swiss Army Knife.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/26/15 4:23 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: In reply to wbjones: Ouch. Best of luck man. We'll be praying for you.

thanks .... added a little info to my post ...

prayers are ALWAYS welcome (and needed)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XaLIxUwzOs6Y9lnaLlyyqhYw0mVFpnGxeZC6LEX1jFvEKWmfTjiC5lxiSHEBLOOY