1 2 3 4
TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
12/26/15 4:48 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

"More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of". Close quote. Pray for Margies Lotus # I Hijack.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/26/15 6:49 p.m.

A gallon of Rustoleum gloss black.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/15 6:54 p.m.

I just hit up Sam's Club for a bunch of stainless wood-topped cabinets. Time to do some garage reorg!

Burrito
Burrito Dork
12/26/15 7:22 p.m.

A house.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
12/26/15 7:22 p.m.

I broke down and bought a new metric deep socket set last night. 1/4" 3/8" & 1/2" drive.

Don49
Don49 HalfDork
12/26/15 7:28 p.m.

I just picked up a 7kw rv generator for the toterhome. Paid $248.00 and drove 95 miles each way to pick it up. It was cheaper than buying a carburetor for the 4kw Onan that is currently in the toter.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
12/26/15 8:07 p.m.

A JCW rear sway bar for the MINI. Might be selling said rear sway bar and the MINI, we shall see what the new year brings.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
12/26/15 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Don49:

Don't you love when it's cheaper to upgrade than just fix the junk you got?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/15 8:46 p.m.
rustysteel wrote: A JCW rear sway bar for the MINI. Might be selling said rear sway bar and the MINI, we shall see what the new year brings.

Must be getting old... first thought is "JC Whitney is still in business?"

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
12/26/15 8:59 p.m.

An F two fiddy. It makes big rig noises. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/say-hello-to-blue-bell-powerstroke-content/108925/page1/

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/15 9:10 p.m.
Burrito wrote: A house.

I did that years ago, bought a house on Dec 23rd. Not a busy time of year for the real estate business Congrats!

daeman
daeman HalfDork
12/26/15 10:19 p.m.

Car related: a petrol powered karcher pressure washer.

Non car related: a bottle of talisker single malt whiskey

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
12/26/15 10:27 p.m.

Some motor oil and a filter for the Evo X, and a hybrid vacuum tube/solid state headphone amp for me!

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/26/15 10:52 p.m.

Wow...quite the variety so far! I bought myself some very lightly used motorcycle leathers off Craigslist since 'tis the season of rock-bottom prices on motorcycle gear. Roughly a dozen hours of use on a 1.3mm Spyke one-piece with full armor, pristine sliders, and aero hump for just under two bills picked up.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/15 11:38 p.m.

Got myself a 12v regulator/rectifier to convert my bike from 6v to 12v. Will be getting the bulbs and battery in the next couple of days.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/27/15 7:45 a.m.

A Boss tuner pedal so I can finish putting my pedal board together. I had a local electronic repair shop fix my fix guitar amplifier, for sentimental reasons (it was the first thing I ever bought with my own money from my first job back in 1986). So I paid over $200 to fix an amplifier I paid $150 for almost 30 years ago...

Oh... bought a Blue Ray player and a bunch of BR videos. Star Wars 4-6, Minions, LOTR trilogy (the latter from the close-out bin, no less...)

On the "bonus" thing - my company gave bonuses the first couple of years I was here, then nixed it. But they gave us a 5% raise to make up for it. Right after I'd received a 10% raise to not leave. That was a good year for me...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/15 8:16 a.m.

I had been getting frustrated with my overloaded, non-ball bearing drawer Craftsman tool cabinet and I was lured in by Lowes Black Friday 25% off deal. I didn't go out in search for a new toolbox but we just happened to be in the store for something else and saw the display.

I bought the top and bottom toolbox combo, brought them home, loved the bottom box, but didn't like the top box. I kept the bottom, returned the top and bought a second bottom box. Now I have tons of ball bearing drawer space and an 84" work surface.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/15 10:37 a.m.

I bought a Marlin 1865GBL and a box of Hornady LeveRevolution 325gr rounds. Then of course I hit up Amazon for a leather sling, XS ghost sights with rail and a buttstock cover.

I'm more of a tactical kind of guy but there is something about a lever action rifle that I can't deny. I've always wanted a .45-70 .

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
12/27/15 11:48 a.m.

I bought megasquirt 2. Should lead to some fun times in the new year.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/28/15 1:18 p.m.

new steering wheel for the CRX ( the current one developed a crack at one of the screw holes... from pulling on it too often getting in and out) ...

and a new Odyssey battery ... the last one lasted into it's 8th yr ... I didn't see any reason to try anything different if it's going to last that long

pkingham
pkingham GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/28/15 3:15 p.m.

Got a Liftmaster 8500 wall mount garage door opener for the shop. I've had the shop for 11 years without it, so it seems a but frivolous, but it sure is convenient without sacrificing some of the limited ceiling space above the lift.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/28/15 3:26 p.m.

In reply to pkingham:

Those are great. We've had one for about six months now after seeing it recommended on here and our other regular opener is getting replaced as soon as I can get an electrician to run some more wiring in the other garage.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
12/28/15 4:15 p.m.

The kids are going to buy me a 44 in. 13 Drawer tool cabinet from Harbor Freight. Just waiting to see if they go back down to the black Friday price after the first of the year.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
12/28/15 6:21 p.m.

Bought myself a new town & country for child duties. Very nice van.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/28/15 6:46 p.m.

C4 corvette rims with barely-used Blizzaks, thank you Detroit CL. Tires will go on my E60, rims will go back on CL.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xokyHpgaWKcfLT2q8U6w4EiDIlErSRNv3za61Ycj0W5HE7EeTdmCjon7cvMercQ1