Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/18 10:20 p.m.

Has anyone an idea if the NC is still going to be stuck in C Street with the NDs for the next year?

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
12/19/18 4:59 a.m.

Yes.

Fitz
Fitz GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/19/18 5:44 a.m.

Yeah, they're not going to move it near term. They did move the s2k, Solstice/Sky, z4, and the nd2 to CS though. My guess is in a year or two it'll be in ES.

The NC is much better in STR trim. You're not going to be nationally competitive there either, but it's much more fun to drive. 

Floating Doc
12/19/18 7:15 a.m.
Fitz said:

Yeah, they're not going to move it near term. They did move the s2k, Solstice/Sky, z4, and the nd2 to CS though. My guess is in a year or two it'll be in ES.

The NC is much better in STR trim. You're not going to be nationally competitive there either, but it's much more fun to drive. 

I need to stick with street class. I'm not really in a position to be able to modify a car much. A sway bar, shocks, wheels and tires. That's about it for me.

I'm getting ready to trade my current NB2, since it's a 6-speed car and has 

some modifications that aren't legal for ES. I am likely to just stay in ES for now. I'm looking at another NB2, an 01 5 speed with the sport package but no Tupperware.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/19/18 9:45 a.m.
Fitz said:

RE: an ES switch, let's hope not.  I recently switched from an NA to an NB Miata and it's nice to finally have a competitive car again.  From what I understand, NC's are significantly faster.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/19/18 10:02 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Oh absolutely, to lump NAs with NCs in a single class would just be cruel. 

I'm in an NC now and will campaign away in CS this year but I have no expectation of being particularly fast.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/19/18 10:33 a.m.
kazoospec said:
Fitz said:

RE: an ES switch, let's hope not.  I recently switched from an NA to an NB Miata and it's nice to finally have a competitive car again.  From what I understand, NC's are significantly faster.

The SAC's stated goal of ES, is to maintain stability in the class. They only added the NB/MRS a few short years ago and ES is doing GREAT with huge class sizes and reliable CHEAP cars.  I don't expect any changes in the next few years. 

Floating Doc
12/19/18 12:18 p.m.

Yeah, it looks like there isn't going to be a good home for Street class NC miatas for a while. It is keeping the prices down though.

My current NB is a 6-speed car with some modifications. It didn't matter at first, since it's my first year autocrossing and our courses is here are pretty tight. 

It's time to make a change, so before I go back into another NB, I wanted to consider an NC.

There are at least one or two new 2019 clubs at every event lately.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A9EnUVLtATGKSP06WEctPLTCF5TFWJBQEntJ5jperRPti9NPMxXv1AME1q9HisFy