1 2
The0retical
The0retical Dork
2/27/17 5:02 p.m.

Normally not a fan of 100k cars but Lexus appears (to me) to have nailed everything about this thing except the front.

Article, impressions, and more pictures here.

Also "Experience Amazing"? Seriously Lexus?

Now please depreciate like a 10 year old S Class so I can AimGain its front end and cruise around in luxury.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
2/27/17 5:28 p.m.

That's the best looking Lexus nose in a decade.

Catatafish
Catatafish Reader
2/27/17 5:30 p.m.

I dont hate it.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/17 5:33 p.m.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
2/27/17 6:06 p.m.

I like it.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/17 8:06 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: That's the best looking Lexus nose in a decade.

I guess, if you want to set a really low bar.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
2/27/17 8:09 p.m.

Not a fan of the "Predator" look Lexus has been using for a while. It's ok on some of their cars, and butt ugly on others. I'd say it falls somewhere in between on the LC500.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/27/17 8:26 p.m.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/27/17 8:52 p.m.

Everyone serms to be in an ugly contest. The 60s brought us beautiful cars, right now almost everything is ugly. Thank God for Ferrari and Maserati.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
2/27/17 9:16 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
I guess, if you want to set a really low bar.

I didn't say it was a good looking nose. I said it was the best looking Lexus nose in a decade.

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
2/27/17 9:16 p.m.

krill grill works out here.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
2/27/17 9:18 p.m.

I think they nailed the front as well. So many luxury cars today lack presence, and the LC500 has it in spades. In person, there's nothing you can really mistake it for, and it's way more imposing than an S550 Coupe or M6. The new Lexuses look okay in photos, but you have to see them in person and get up close to appreciate the design.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/27/17 9:45 p.m.

Everyone whines about unoriginal design, then when something different comes out ...

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/27/17 10:11 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

I don't want to get up close to one. I'd rather 'appreciate it' from as far away as possible.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
2/27/17 10:11 p.m.

Nope.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
2/27/17 10:31 p.m.

Looks delicious. Love it. Bring on the F!

AquaHusky
AquaHusky HalfDork
2/27/17 10:33 p.m.

Tell me who made you cry, Honey....

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/28/17 12:40 a.m.

These new Lexus always look better in person

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
2/28/17 6:35 a.m.

I think that awful grill works better here than anywhere else they've used it, but the rest of the car is so pretty that it seems like there were better designs they could've used up front.

overall, though, it is an attractive auto. Body makes up for the face situation.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/28/17 7:41 a.m.

Which sets a bar so low they'd have to tunnel under it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/28/17 7:43 a.m.
dculberson wrote: Everyone whines about unoriginal design, then when something different comes out ...

I don't. I would rather have "simple but handsome" 10 to 1 over "garish but different".

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
2/28/17 7:58 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I think that awful grill works better here than anywhere else they've used it, but the rest of the car is so pretty that it seems like there were better designs they could've used up front. overall, though, it is an attractive auto. Body makes up for the face situation.

The term butterface comes to mind

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/17 8:17 a.m.
yupididit wrote: These new Lexus always look better after a minor front end collision.
NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/28/17 9:05 a.m.

I honestly like it.

Cactus
Cactus Reader
2/28/17 9:14 a.m.

If they got rid of the top of the grille, from the bottom of the badge and up, if they made that sheet metal it would look good. LFA good. Basically I'm saying they should have just made this a clone of an LFA.

You know there's a bumper bar behind that grille, if they let that show it would break up the predator face in a good way.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EMefgO1ucPdsaqNezvHABH8MnutFq5rYzx1xuIvcjBRzGA7ZKNForKkgLtsSzVX6