vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/13 8:09 p.m.

I need ONE Voxx racing 215 17x7 rim. Now I can't be the only one who ever bought these. I can't find a source at all for discontinued rims. Is there one beyond Ebaymotors and Craigslist? Is this a new business venture in the making? I just need one rim.

I'd even take one not in black as I would plasti-dip them to match.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
3/31/13 8:48 p.m.

I had the very same issue with a discontinued Rota design. I finally found one in a ware house at a distributor, the last one because it was only one and nobody wants just one. Except us of course. I tried all the other usual outlets like you to no avail. Good luck in your search, I feel your pain.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
3/31/13 9:49 p.m.

Buying a single of a wheel that was a knock-off of another wheel is a TOTAL crapshoot. You might find a set of completes, you might find nothin. Sadly eBay and CL are my two choices there. Or google it and see what happens.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/31/13 10:13 p.m.

Go on stanceworks. Those guys love wheels more than sex.

NewEdgePerf
NewEdgePerf New Reader
4/4/13 7:51 p.m.

Years ago, I found an oddball aftermarket wheel at the link below:

http://www.lmtire-wheel.com/

I have no affiliation with them.

I hope this helps.

Tony D

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
4/4/13 8:34 p.m.

I bought wheels from LM years ago as well. Hindsight, I way over paid, but they may just have what you are looking for

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
4/5/13 10:25 a.m.

I have a set of FTD Flik 17x8 that i really love and i live in fear of ruining one.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
4/5/13 11:27 a.m.
mr2peak wrote: Go on stanceworks. Those guys love wheels more than sex.

Yes, but not wheels like mentioned by the OP.

If you want a set of 3 piece BBS, or some old school Japanese wheel, yeah, all day everyday. Narrow, knock off stuff........probably not anything at all.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/5/13 12:04 p.m.

That's why I try to stay away from aftermarket wheels for a DD. They make them for a year or two,, then stop. When you bend one, you're fubar'd

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
4/5/13 12:50 p.m.

^Yes, cheap knock off.

How long has Enkei been making the RPF-1s?

Bugzturbo
Bugzturbo None
12/9/13 9:10 p.m.

Hey man, you still looking for that wheel by chance. I happen to have a brand new one sitting in my basement. In great shape, but it was a display wheel from a speed shop so the rear mounting face is scratched up a bit, but nothing that would affect use. Never been on a car. Was just about to put it on ebay and ran across this thread. I'd let it go for $100 shipped. Let me know, thanks

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/9/13 9:12 p.m.
Bugzturbo wrote: Hey man, you still looking for that wheel by chance. I happen to have a brand new one sitting in my basement. In great shape, but it was a display wheel from a speed shop so the rear mounting face is scratched up a bit, but nothing that would affect use. Never been on a car. Was just about to put it on ebay and ran across this thread. I'd let it go for $100 shipped. Let me know, thanks

I'd PM him for best results.

Bugzturbo
Bugzturbo New Reader
12/9/13 9:42 p.m.

I tried, I'm not "approved" yet

Bugzturbo
Bugzturbo New Reader
12/10/13 12:31 a.m.

Cool, thanks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NwVUepTtLcO3nFAM9zrN8aSY6kzfzcp1x41BPGj0tg5Y1zWmCqGlgxL62Qz4VQYo