JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/30/12 10:43 a.m.

We get to drive a lot of cars in this business. That’s both a blessing and a curse. It exposes us to new and different ways of getting people and things from Point A to Point B, but it also introduces us to new objects of lust and desire.

Such was the case when we procured a Mazdaspeed3 from the …

Read the rest of the story

Deldran
Deldran
11/11/13 8:06 p.m.

I own a 2007 speed 3 and have it decently setup for DSP but run it in SMF as there is a decent amount of competition in that class locally.

I have a couple suggestions for you to improve the shift feel. 1 take the stock counter weight off the shift linkage this is that huge weight under the stock aitbox. Also a good stiff rear motor mount. The JBR88 rear mount has surprisingly little added NVH and makes shifts much smoother.

Also to get better performance above much over 6k it really needs a different turbo. But there are a couple things you can do to make it not loose so much up top. Get a bigger SRI style intake 3" inner diameter or better. This will also allow you to extract more power out of the k04. The next is a 3" downpipe with either 1 high flow cat or remove all of them. Then get a custom tune. There are some great etunners out there. One has tuned the highest hp mzr out there right now. I hope I see a response to this. I love mazda speeds and glad to see someone like grass roots writing about them

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OFQH4spK99xf59WwZOlb6CPqn87mUSroDkbT4IVzmvSmlotQaRuWS5EqDThPY11X