1 2
audifan
audifan New Reader
1/3/09 4:57 p.m.

speed tv showing german touring cars holy crap batman something other than pinks or unique whiners or Nascar!!! will rally be on next !!!!!

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
1/3/09 5:01 p.m.

SCCA Runoffs on last night ... my tivo caught 6 eps!

audifan
audifan New Reader
1/3/09 5:07 p.m.

well wishful thinking for WRC after the DTM cars drag racing but still loads better than the regularly scheduled programming

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
1/3/09 5:25 p.m.

It's only temporary as they cycle thru the "B" list (to them) whilst nothing else is going on.

Enjoy it while you can.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
1/3/09 6:45 p.m.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing this morning watching WORR trucks at Crandon, WI.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
1/3/09 7:13 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: It's only temporary as they cycle thru the "B" list (to them) whilst nothing else is going on. Enjoy it while you can.

ding ding ding.. when nascrap comes back.. hold on to your hat.

YaNi
YaNi New Reader
1/3/09 7:55 p.m.

Hasn't anyone noticed that they replaced 24 hours of nascar with 24 hours of Barrett Jackson, that stupid towing show, and guess that quarter mile time.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/3/09 8:17 p.m.

still not a fan, I only watch it for sportscars, and F1 coverage

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
1/3/09 8:30 p.m.

That Porsche Cup coverage was a nice change wasn't it? Reminded me of European NASCAR but with turns, Porsches and lots of bump and grind.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
1/3/09 10:40 p.m.

That's amazing, I can honestly say I haven't watched that station in a couple months, I haven't even looked to what is on it, I have Grand-Am and ALMS stuff set to automatically record and that's it for Speed.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
1/4/09 9:20 a.m.

still the best option I have on the TV here where I am....

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
1/4/09 10:25 a.m.

Funny, my father and I were watching the DTM race. Those guys are pretty cocky and aggressive! I loved it at the start of one race when some of the guys cut the corner so hard they weren't even on the "track" anymore.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 New Reader
1/4/09 11:32 a.m.

Speedtv typically shows some good stuff in the NASCAR off season, albeit usually still at odd hours. I go back to school today and I'm looking forward to really giving my DVR a good workout. So far I've found Speed GT and touring cars, DTM, Runoffs, and some other things I'm a little to embarrassed to admit I'm recording.
Also, when my housemates find out later this month that they do races for 24 hours, they are going to be very confused/annoyed....

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
1/4/09 12:18 p.m.

I was happy to see our local cable provided, Cox, finally started carrying Speed in HD!!!!!!

Slow progress I guess.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
1/4/09 12:27 p.m.

Guys they have the best motorsports coverage, they have how to shows, they have some great obscure racing, but they have bills to pay, they have to sell sponsorship and that means they have to show numbers to get decent money from advertisors, guess which area of motorsport has the biggest numbers, hell Nascar even recruit F1 drivers now.

Good with the Bad

phillyj
phillyj Reader
1/4/09 3:29 p.m.

For the first time in my life, our family got cable. Only reason was we don't get Verizon DSL so Comcast had a double package. I say, cable is the biggest rip-off out there. So many channels and still noting useful or entertaining. Public tv is much better and free! I was hoping speedtv would have good stuff but its nascar and drag racing 24/7. When the 6 months finishes, we gonna drop this cable tv. Digital TV is very clear btw.

geoffrx7
geoffrx7
1/4/09 9:46 p.m.

I miss speed vision, and the all day WRC marathons on new years day, followed by an all day marathon of F1. Nothing cured a hang over like a day of WRC and gatorade

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/4/09 10:49 p.m.

Still not in the base pack of my satalite provider, so i just ignore it. But even with the 100 ish chanells I do get, 2/3 are shopping

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
1/4/09 11:32 p.m.

Uhhhh, yeah, Ummm . . .I'd rather pay for TV, I love cartoon network and spongebob . . .annyway . . .LOL!

SPEED covers Formula D and the Redbull World Drift Championship, I don't watch it otherwise but it's definitely watchable when that stuff is on!

-Dave

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
1/5/09 8:50 a.m.

I tried it again last night. Wrecked, Wrecked, Wrecked, Wrecked, Wrecked, and Wrecked were on for the next three hours that I saw. I didn't bother to scan past that. I watched Wrecked for like 20 minutes to give it an honest shot - to really give it a chance. That show sucks!

captainzib
captainzib Reader
1/5/09 9:13 a.m.

Anyone ever watch HD Theatre? It's a Discovery affiliated channel, and has loads of car related programming.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry New Reader
1/5/09 11:06 a.m.

Runoffs are on again....H Production.

Ian F
Ian F Reader
1/5/09 12:51 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Guys they have the best motorsports coverage, they have how to shows, they have some great obscure racing, but they have bills to pay, they have to sell sponsorship and that means they have to show numbers to get decent money from advertisors, guess which area of motorsport has the biggest numbers, hell Nascar even recruit F1 drivers now. Good with the Bad

Yep... and the current schedule has been typical over the past few years... oddly enough, I actually enjoy watching the B-J coverage... sort of like going to a car show without leaving the house.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 New Reader
1/5/09 3:42 p.m.
captainzib wrote: Anyone ever watch HD Theatre? It's a Discovery affiliated channel, and has loads of car related programming.

I'm loving HD theater right now. Between having this channel for the first time, and having a DVR, I might yet survive the winter...

aircooled
aircooled Dork
1/5/09 4:27 p.m.

HD Theater programming is WAY better than Speed. That Mille Miglia special was pretty cool. It would have been a lot nicer though if that stupid DB5 didn't have such a horrendously noisy gearbox.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qg0dg2IY2lhlpSFG35qaBkl7LXsQNE8bQQs94fo83nDpQZorFdivNw1ZmNnE1Rko