1 ... 8 9 10 11
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/16/13 8:02 a.m.

Due to really OMFGWTFBBQSAUCE suspension design, 2nd gen G20s are pretty hard to lower correctly. Beam rear axles and 3 link front struts make camber adjustment...entertaining.

This is an example of doing it right. Josie from G20.net..

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
9/16/13 8:07 a.m.
PHeller wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: He was the only car that passed during that green light because he took so long.
My Miata is pretty darn low, but I've blasted past guys doing this. It's funny how my still very low, "tucked" Miata is still not considered low enough for some groups, and I drive the piss out of it.

I don't consider lowering a car alone to be stancing it. It the super stupid negative camber, front and rear, for a street vehicle combined with the stretched tires.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
9/16/13 8:46 a.m.
Harvey wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
I'm okay with this.

So hot. Want to touch the hiney.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
9/16/13 6:50 p.m.

This doesn't seem really stanced to me, but it was on that safetystance.wordpress.com blog-o-thingy, and it's awesome.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
9/16/13 6:54 p.m.

And there is this little piece of hilarious:

"Stance done wrong: too much height and needs either more camber or a narrower tire."

And here I was thinking that it would look more awesome with a fatter tire, but the same width. It's like that autoX 911 where the guy hacked the fenders mid-event. Wider tires == awesome (well to me).

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
9/17/13 11:26 a.m.

The next step in stretch... skipping car tires entirely and just running motorcycle tires on car wheels.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/17/13 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Vigo:

If its light enough, it could work.....expect 4-6k miles out of the set though

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/17/13 12:08 p.m.

Why will you people not let this thread die. There is nothing left to be learned here. Just let it fade away like that Harley thread.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
9/17/13 12:16 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Why will you people not let this thread die. There is nothing left to be learned here. Just let it fade away like that Harley thread.

You realize you made this thread rise to the top of the page with that post right?

And so did I!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to post something else in that Harley thread. Thanks!

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/17/13 1:10 p.m.

Yeah but it was the second one down when I posted...oops

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/17/13 1:21 p.m.
accordionfolder wrote: This doesn't seem really stanced to me, but it was on that safetystance.wordpress.com blog-o-thingy, and it's awesome.

Nice link!

S-Dimes have been on my mind a lot lately.

subrew
subrew Reader
9/17/13 2:29 p.m.
Vigo wrote: The next step in stretch... skipping car tires entirely and just running motorcycle tires on car wheels.

Except those aren't motorcycle tires. Those are Yokohama A-048.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/17/13 2:36 p.m.
Vigo wrote: The next step in stretch... skipping car tires entirely and just running motorcycle tires on car wheels.

Nothings new

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
9/17/13 3:10 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Any more info on that car sir? I like it, looks like a less lean lotus 49.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/17/13 3:13 p.m.

It's called the Milliken MX-1.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
9/17/13 3:22 p.m.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/5592/Milliken-MX-1--Camber-Car-.html

"Butler entered the car for Milliken, who piloted the remarkable machine up the hill despite his impressive age of 91."

What a BAMF, that dude was rocking hard up to 91 years old.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/17/13 3:40 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Why will you people not let this thread die. There is nothing left to be learned here. Just let it fade away like that Harley thread.

This E36 M3 is like Hydra........if we cut off one thread, two more shall take its place......

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
9/17/13 4:24 p.m.

I went from this

To this:

Am I doing it right yet?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/17/13 4:59 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I went from this To this: Am I doing it right yet?

Why you got themz wide tirz, needs more stretch bro

steved033
steved033 Reader
9/18/13 7:49 a.m.

I can't tell the difference...they both have #7 on the side...

sjd

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/18/13 8:14 a.m.
steved033 wrote:
I can't tell the difference...they both have #7 on the side... sjd

Are you kidding? It's so easy to tell. ........he has a GoPro on the bottom one.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/18/13 8:26 a.m.

Remember you can always beat back the stancetards with "because racecar."

plance1
plance1 Dork
9/18/13 8:29 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Nothings new

For years I used to see this car in Dean Butler's shop in Cincinnati, it looks like they fixed it up a bit.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/18/13 10:00 a.m.
Jerry wrote:
steved033 wrote: I can't tell the difference...they both have #7 on the side... sjd
Are you kidding? It's so easy to tell. ........he has a GoPro on the bottom one.

Theres a gopro on the top one as well......

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/18/13 10:27 a.m.

How convenient... A thread on how "Stance" is dumb. Listen to this one.

See this poor Miata? If I can see the passenger side rear wheel's lip outside of the tire from the driver's seat of my car in the lane next to your car, you need to have your effing head checked.

This loser was in traffic next to me yesterday. I saw it and had to take a picture. It was so low that is little tow hook charm had long since ripped off. The suspension looked broken, not "cool". Zero travel, and I think it was rubbing. How he was driving this car on purpose on the rough Boston-area roads riddled with bumps and potholes on purpose makes zero sense to me. After sitting in that lane in traffic, the shiny happy person driving it proceeded to cut me off and a few other cars because he was in the wrong lane to get on the highway. He came within millimeters of hitting me and others and causing a huge accident on a very congested road. Typical. Of course, I hit the horn and presented him with a pair of double freedom rockets.

So, I pull up to the next light, and he's sitting in that turn lane. He gives me the typical tough guy look. I mean, he's living the Illest Stance LyfeStyle yo, and I'm just a hater. So, I yell to him "STANCE SUCKS!!!" and putter off in traffic laughing. That was the worst thing I could think of. Rather than insult him, I insulted his car and his "lifestyle choice". He was very visibly agitated after that, more-so than insulting his mother could have ever done.

Yes, I felt better afterwards.

I just cannot understand the whole "stance" thing. Why waste hundreds of dollars essentially making your car barely drivable and dangerous? I can almost understand if it's a show car and you want it to be ridiculous, but this POS was out on the street on my morning commute with everyone else. One touch of a bump in the road and the tires would have popped their beads.

(Side note: what is the point of having a motorcycle like the yellow one in the pic when you could just have a car? I mean, really guy...)

1 ... 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6KnV5kBoPr8nuS7LXc5jSEhUexx2ts2lb4BvtSJg7eqaNCwamZCbTjDCWmxWPEcO