1 ... 9 10 11
yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/18/13 10:41 a.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

I wouldn't hate on the Wing rider......you shouldn't be able to miss seeing it in the next lane over.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/18/13 10:46 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Well, I certainly saw it, that's for sure. I think my Mazda 3 would have run over the Miata if I wasn't paying attention. I 'm just saying, why have the inconvenience of riding a giant behemoth bike like that when you could just get a convertible small car, like say, a Miata?

Also, I'm no Miata expert, but isn't it some special edition model? It had the tan leather interior and a black hard top. Looked like a mid-90's 1.8L model.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
9/18/13 12:29 p.m.
2nd gen G20s are pretty hard to lower correctly. Beam rear axles

Wait, so having a suspension that doesnt change camber when lowering makes it hard to lower 'correctly'?

Looks like they put some alignment shims in to MAKE SURE it had negative camber.

Only in a stance thread...

Side note: what is the point of having a motorcycle like the yellow one in the pic when you could just have a car? I mean, really guy..

IF that rider is good, the miata in front of it would have no chance of keeping up on a curvy road. Don't let the heft of a gullwing fool you. Those fat bastards can move out and actually turn too, if you're brave enough.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/18/13 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

I had a man and wife keep up with me reasonably well on one down a twisty road here......I wasn't going that fast in the straights, so they'd catch up there....they seemed to love having something to chase though.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/26/13 2:41 p.m.

Couldn't find the other Stance thread so I revived this one.

This has the VW boys beat for camber YO!

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
11/26/13 7:37 p.m.

How the hell do break something like that? Have you seen the axles on those things? Oi!

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
11/26/13 8:05 p.m.

reminds me of that thread in OT where the guy in Afghanistan keeps breaking 4Runners.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 HalfDork
11/26/13 8:44 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: In reply to yamaha: Well, I certainly saw it, that's for sure. I think my Mazda 3 would have run over the Miata if I wasn't paying attention. I 'm just saying, why have the inconvenience of riding a giant behemoth bike like that when you could just get a convertible small car, like say, a Miata? Also, I'm no Miata expert, but isn't it some special edition model? It had the tan leather interior and a black hard top. Looked like a mid-90's 1.8L model.

Why the hell would anyone drive a Mazda 3 you could ride a motorcycle?

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sLVv5QN3VC24ZxZuKgf5XoRBytRiYypVU3fT4bNhjZZ9fHldTeey316Hzgxcvqxp