1 2 3 4
pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/30/16 6:49 p.m.

So I am either mildly retarded or a glutton for punishment. Actually a little of both is likely the case.

Anyway I bought my challenge car for next year without finishing the odyssey first

On to the new ride...

Behold the $300 1992 S10. It's a short box 2wd with a 4.3. Allegedly it runs but I have not tried to start it. The tranny is not working as the several empty Lucas transmission fluid bottles under the hood can attest. No rust that I can easily discern.

It is about to be melded with the Trans AM I bought last year for my chevelle. LT1 and a T56, plus some dirt track suspension stuff, watch out...

Notice what other terrible idea it is parked next to...

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Reader
1/30/16 6:53 p.m.

Oh boy ! Can't wait to see the build thread.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/30/16 6:56 p.m.

Here is the Trans AM pictures from when I bought it last year a copart.

$1150 dollar certificate of destruction Pontiac Firebird.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/30/16 7:12 p.m.

You're not too crazy. I picked up 2016 Challenge car two weeks ago and I'm picking up 2017 Challenge car on Saturday. Wait ... maybe we're both crazy.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/30/16 7:15 p.m.

FYI western chassis makes some really nice budget friendly drop leaf springs, and if you order them from summit racing as 2 individual springs, it costs less than the part number that is a pair of them.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/30/16 7:21 p.m.
patgizz wrote: FYI western chassis makes some really nice budget friendly drop leaf springs, and if you order them from summit racing as 2 individual springs, it costs less than the part number that is a pair of them.

I will keep that in mind. I have alot of research ahead of me. You happen to know the part numbers? Fortunately this is a well traveled road and there is a ton of knowledge out there...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/30/16 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Let me know if you don't finish the trailer in time for Saturday. You can use mine if it comes down to it.

patgizz
1/30/16 7:27 p.m.

i'll see if i can find that. i know they're around $225 for the pair, but the individual part number put them at around $89 each. i think it's in my pics of when i was working on the truck.

i know a tiny bit about making them handle

FYI as well, 2wd 95+ blazers have the biggest stock sway bars available on an s/t truck, same as the ZQ8 models. when scrap was way up i bought a $400 blazer just for the sway bars, then turned it in for $400.

also, if you end up not wanting to build it, i'll buy it. i have a transmission sitting here doing nothing and i really miss my sonoma.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/30/16 7:37 p.m.

I will need to talk to you about setup once I get to that stage. First step is getting it moving under its own power which shouldn't be to terrible.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
1/30/16 8:01 p.m.

Please tell me those S10 pictures are of it sitting in your yard. There is some terrible (super cool) stuff in the background.

Stampie
1/30/16 8:15 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

I think I'll be OK. Biggest thing was running out of light working outside. We quit when I found myself striking an arc just to see where I needed to weld. I'm thinking I'll buy some lights so I can work into the evenings this week.

So ... I see an AM4 and what I think might be a northstar right? What could go wrong with a shotgun marriage?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/30/16 8:34 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Please tell me those S10 pictures are of it sitting in your yard. There is some terrible (super cool) stuff in the background.

My wife is already mad enough and I only have seven in my yard right now. It's behind the car lot...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/3/16 8:36 p.m.

Hit up the junkyard today. Scored a clutch pedal assembly with master cylinder for $10.00. I also got a set of oem blazer fender flares for $30.

Stampie
2/3/16 8:54 p.m.

Speaking of junkyards, I was at Ace on main a couple of weeks ago sporting my Challenge T-shirt. Guy stops me and started talking about his JSO friend that did crazy things. He tell you that I said hi?

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
2/3/16 9:48 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Here is the Trans AM pictures from when I bought it last year a copart. $1150 dollar certificate of destruction Pontiac Firebird.

Any idea what the story is on that thing?!? It looks ridiculously clean on my cellphone screen

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/4/16 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Yeah he told me, pretty funny small world.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/4/16 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

It is pretty nice. Bald rear tires, previous owner spun it into a pole. Left rear quarter panel is destroyed.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/4/16 2:15 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Please tell me those S10 pictures are of it sitting in your yard. There is some terrible (super cool) stuff in the background.

I was thinking the same. That Cadillac...

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
2/4/16 4:24 p.m.

If we could just get you to stay focused on one project

patgizz
2/4/16 4:26 p.m.
Andy Neuman wrote: If we could just get you to stay focused on one project

don't worry there will be some sort of other last minute parking lot thing i'm sure.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/4/16 5:10 p.m.

Probably, this is for next year. The van is this years.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
2/5/16 4:10 p.m.

It will really be a last minute thing if I'm going to even make it to this years event. I'm sure I'll send in my entry in hopes of going but I plan to sell my "other" cars that I haven't even looked at this year so I won't have anything "ready."

I'm still a little jealous of the CL-S 6 speed.

patgizz
2/5/16 4:17 p.m.
Andy Neuman wrote: It will really be a last minute thing if I'm going to even make it to this years event. I'm sure I'll send in my entry in hopes of going but I plan to sell my "other" cars that I haven't even looked at this year so I won't have anything "ready." I'm still a little jealous of the CL-S 6 speed.

make the z28 work

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/5/16 4:32 p.m.

Please keep the No Fear banner

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
2/5/16 4:43 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Andy Neuman wrote: It will really be a last minute thing if I'm going to even make it to this years event. I'm sure I'll send in my entry in hopes of going but I plan to sell my "other" cars that I haven't even looked at this year so I won't have anything "ready." I'm still a little jealous of the CL-S 6 speed.
make the z28 work

It is gone, all I have are some 18x13 CCW classics left. They make my mustang wheels look like skinny's.

What is the bolt pattern on the truck? 335's would look good on the back.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KAg7JK5FRgSRZ8cTNdTJTWCUb8kxL3IEfoHnNfrgHT8WMmO9qTSiKWKRBHxrBNZs