pimpm3 Dork
1/7/17 8:46 p.m.

I worked on the s10 today.

Started with the rear springs.

Much better...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/7/17 8:54 p.m.

The front kicked my ass and is still apart.

Stock spring vs zq8

Old vs new

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/7/17 9:02 p.m.

Looking nice. We tried working on the k30 today but the dampness and cold made us go inside after not much done.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
1/8/17 5:31 a.m.

That upper control arm looks familiar. I have those on my malibu.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/8/17 12:02 p.m.

Looking good, I like the drop. I'm thinking of sticking with just the 3" spring drop on mine, no blocks. I'm hoping to find a good deal on springs, too, so far nothing yet.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/9/17 9:24 p.m.

I got my rears for 150 ish off ebay.

On to the front. It was awful.

I was fearful for my life the whole time. Trying to use a jack, some ratchet straps and two jack stands to compress the springs was sketchy.

I ended up taking the arm off on the inside. I used the jack to push the whole arm and spring upwards. I then used ratchet straps to pull the arm into place. When I got it into position it was like I won a race.

Now that it is all together in kind of wish it was a little lower up front. Hopefully it will settle a little.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/9/17 9:40 p.m.

Let it settle, mine took a while. If not, can cut some off spring without removing it if careful. Surprised its not lower, with zq8 springs.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/9/17 9:46 p.m.

Yeah me to. It has 2 inch drop spindles, tall ball joints and zq8 Springs. It is only two inches lower then the other side. Granted I haven't rolled it around yet. Also the lt1 is heavier then the 2.8 which will add some additional drop when I install it.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/9/17 9:50 p.m.

In that case I wouldn't touch the springs, you'll get another inch plus with the v8

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/11/17 8:23 a.m.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
1/11/17 2:03 p.m.

Do you have the week off work? Updating all of your projects this week. When does the LT1 go into the truck?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
1/11/17 2:49 p.m.

Nope working a full week. I was off three days last week while my wife was out of town. That helped.

The LT1 will go in after I sell the race car and the chevelle. I need to focus on getting them sold after the thrash to get the vette ready.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/17/17 11:38 a.m.

Did you pick the control arms with the steel cross shaft for any particular reason? I'm leaning towards ordering mine from Speedway, and noticed they sell them with aluminum cross shafts, too, and they are $5 cheaper that way, oddly enough.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/13/17 2:50 p.m.

Dropped s10 off today to get aligned.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/13/17 9:22 p.m.

Could I get an admin to move this to the build section please?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
2/14/17 1:37 p.m.

That drop seems like more than 4" in the back. Are your wheels a bigger diameter than stock?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/14/17 2:33 p.m.

17x9.5's I bought from dusterb13

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/17 3:02 p.m.

Please tell me that you'll have a lightning bolt antenna before all is said and done? Love it.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/25/17 5:28 p.m.

I put the zq8 sway bars on today. I realized that I forgot to take pictures after I installed it. I think it was mainly because I was dirty and greasy, that and I wanted to get home...

This is a terrible picture of the stock front sway bar, the zq8 front and the rear zq8 bar.

Zq8 front vs stock front

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/26/17 10:18 a.m.

The sway bar made a huge difference in the body roll. Now I need to get the v8 in there.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
3/21/17 8:06 p.m.

I washed the truck for the 1st time today...

Obviously it is still wet in the pictures. I can't wait until after the challenge to get a decent paint job on the truck.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
3/21/17 8:29 p.m.

This thing is going to be a hoot. Rear wheel traction may become an issue after the engine swap.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/21/17 9:01 p.m.

Dammit Bobby. You're making me miss mine. I swore i wouldn't do another.....

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
8/31/17 4:47 p.m.

I will have some updates this weekend. Unfortunately they don't involve a v8 install.

I recently came to the realization that I don't have the time to complete the swap to the level that I would like. This year the s10 will be run with the 2.8.

Next year I will bring the truck with the lt1 and 6-speed.

I feel much better now that I have made the decision.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/31/17 5:16 p.m.

If you still have my number, call me and i will brain dump 2.8 tbi tweak info on you. Got mine more than capable on track.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
keTumTe42oOD2EQNOEQeRZYKjDtFxWBt56gJywgfOEuuKomm2jZeK5qxQThsoass