Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/10/08 1:34 p.m.

Supercharged Miata

Ever since I sold the GTO, I have been itching for a project car. Don't really have the space for this one right now but it is starting to look very tempting. Looks like it could be in bad shape but you never know until you see it in person.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
7/10/08 1:52 p.m.

I wouldnt be so sure its in bad shape. Its factory flat pink, with flat black out of date aftermarket wheels. Bad taste/Owner who doesnt wax his car maybe, but I wouldnt judge it to be bad condition from those pics.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/10/08 3:56 p.m.

I was mainly going by the interior shots. I might stop by this weekend and take a look at it. Wonder why no shot of the interior is included.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/10/08 4:35 p.m.

Previous ad

Apparently this thing has a suspension setup too. Hmmmmm

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
7/10/08 5:39 p.m.

Rotas-take back my out of date wheel comment. Not the best style in the world but seem like decent wheels.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/10/08 5:49 p.m.

Sounds like the perfect Miata to me. You're a brave man to post the ad on this board! Lots of Miata-wanters around.

Not me mind you...

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
7/10/08 7:49 p.m.

Look's cool to me.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/11/08 7:42 a.m.

I am glad to help those on the board. I really can't do it right now. I could but my wife would literally make me less of a man...

Still going to look at it. Someone will probably get a heck of a deal. Then again, the car could not run or there might be more than meets the eye. Still at that price with those mods it would be hard to beat.

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/12/08 9:57 a.m.

Going this afternoon to look at this one. It is a 1990 so it will have the short nose. First thing will be to look at the crank and check for a wobble. Second thing to do will probably be convincing my wife. Who actually woke me up this morning to ask if I was going to buy it. She didn't seem upset when I said I might...........

Anything else I should look for. Rust on the quarter panel? It does have a supercharger so I will look at the belts as well.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
7/12/08 10:10 a.m.

The Wife has approved??? What are you waiting for!

I suggest you go right now and get it .. pick up flowers on the way home ... I usually bring the flowers when I ask, but as long as there nice!

This is what I used ...

To get this home..

you won't regret it!

EDIT I HATE POSTING PIC IN THE NEW FORUM~~

Rangeball
Rangeball New Reader
7/12/08 1:09 p.m.

Well the car ran. Had some sputtering and probably needed a retune. Actually I think the supercharger was shot as I didn't feel it whine or do anything... There was rust under the car behind the wheel wells and the engine looked like it needed some tlc. Lots of calcium buildup. The coilovers were also shot and there was a bad wobble at speed (bent wheel or wheels). There are some other things wrong too.

So on this one I will pass.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UHVvoBYIUQBr0UW8cX2M3buDAfHHZzqivMhhyZxaGzaGsjsAEdY8pCHK6PCyCONW