1 2 3
APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/26/18 9:37 a.m.
Patrick said:

Did some digging, he didn’t die.  Not sure what happened but got a message out of the blue today about picking car up next weekend.  

That's good new for everyone.  Sometimes life interferes with life more than death would have.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
6/26/18 10:30 a.m.

If I told my wife that I was bringing home a $300 pinto, something bad my happen to me.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/18 2:28 p.m.

FYI that day july 4 weekend he called to say he was on the way.  He showed up with no trailer and gave me the balance of the money with promises that his trailer needed fixed.  Then he said he was picking it up last week, and the berkeleying car is still here.  I’m having my GRM goodwill taken advantage of at this point

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/25/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Chop it up. You've done your part. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/25/18 2:34 p.m.

If you actually care to contact him, call the GRM office. They should have more info on him

Patrick
8/25/18 2:50 p.m.

I got no reply until i told him if he couldn’t pick it up sunday i was cutting it up which yielded an immediate response.  he claims he can get it monday morning.  If it’s here when i get home from work monday i’m taking the sawzall to it and keeping the driveline for a locost. 

April 27 is the day he came and agreed to buy it.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/25/18 9:14 p.m.

If you do cut it- take video. And if you save a bit- I'll make into wall art. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
8/25/18 9:37 p.m.

Just an FYI—we won’t actually give anyone’s personal info out if you call and ask politely. (Sorry). Sounds like a sucky situation and we’re sorry it happened to you, but we’re better than facebook. wink

Patrick
8/25/18 9:53 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Just an FYI—we won’t actually give anyone’s personal info out if you call and ask politely. (Sorry). Sounds like a sucky situation and we’re sorry it happened to you, but we’re better than facebook. wink

Hey tom, I need svrex’s address so i can not steal the turbo miata he just bought laugh

between knowing his first name and that he told me he had owned an x business in y town, i was able to find an archived article in the paper about the opening of said business which gave me his last name and wife’s name, and from there i was able to find his address and even google street view his house and there are 2 ladies in bathing suits in the front yard looking at the camera car.    The googles gives many informations

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/26/18 8:21 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

All ‘ya gotta do is ask nicely. wink

Well, maybe that’s not all....

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
8/26/18 8:27 a.m.

So what you're saying is that at the end of this transaction you ended up with:

1. All the money.

2. All the car.

3. Pictures of women in bathing suits. 

What's the problem again?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/26/18 2:12 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Already been done - Cermak Plaza in Berwyn, IL.  This might still be there.   

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/26/18 2:14 p.m.

This stuff was torn down to improve the mall.  The garbage artwork was hideous.  Pigeons, birds, and poop everywhere- it was gross.

Was the car spike in Wayne’s World?

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
8/26/18 2:46 p.m.
even google street view his house and there are 2 ladies in bathing suits in the front yard looking at the camera car.    The googles gives many informations

Uh, how 'bout a pic of this? 

Or maybe just the gps coordinates.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/26/18 3:15 p.m.

IF I had 2  Girls in bathing suits at my House.... I might not be thinking right or about your House.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/26/18 6:41 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Mndsm said:

Already been done - Cermak Plaza in Berwyn, IL.  This might still be there.   

Not the whole wall, and hopefully not the whole pinto  

Patrick
8/28/18 10:45 a.m.

It was still here when i got home yesterday at 8:45 from work, but the effort was made as he couldn’t get it on the dolly with the nose on and he didn’t have a comealong.  He left the dolly so i knew he was coming back today.  Just got home from chiropractor and he was taking the nose off.  We pushed it up, strapped it down, and it’s gone 4 months and a day after i sold it 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/18 10:56 a.m.

I miss that Pinto

Patrick
8/28/18 11:04 a.m.
Stampie said:

I miss that Pinto

I was kinda hoping he would accept me sending his money back so i could use the engine and trans in a locost, since i got that +442 chassis from john right after i got a deposit on this thing.  Oh well, i’ll have to use a v8 when i build one.

it feels weird but now when we’re both home there are only 4 cars(charger, impala ss, wrx, ram) in the driveway.  Everything else is inside.  We haven’t had only 10 cars for a very long time, and it feels good.  

Edit.  “Only 10 cars” still sounds bad, but we had 17 at one point so i’m very much on the road to recovery.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/18 11:05 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I appreciate you not selling that +442 chassis to Lil Stampie when he asked about it .

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/28/18 12:31 p.m.

I'm sort of happy about this. My hands hurt and I just got the bowling pin in the mail. 

Patrick
8/28/18 2:18 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I'm sort of happy about this. My hands hurt and I just got the bowling pin in the mail. 

Did the bottle survive?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/28/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It did! Well packed. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/28/18 4:48 p.m.

Damn, i was kinda rooting for you keeping the car and bringing it to the Challenge for a parking lot build. I could have brought the 2.3T drivetrain.

Patrick
8/28/18 5:11 p.m.

It’s really rough, and he has a tube frame vintage pinto road racer without an engine. 

I don’t speak parking lot build

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1dosdmszGe798LbrhJpJHzs6IE17XmMrGuHIJVXDcQ9ncY9tySfd2Q0JlKIi4uu7