Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
12/12/12 10:00 a.m.
feature_image

Tires are arguably the most important part of any car, as everything goes through them. A good set of tires can improve acceleration, braking and turning all at once.

So it was a no-brainer to fit a set of wider and stickier Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires in 225/45 R17 to our 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. These tires wouldn’t fit …

Read the rest of the story

fiasco
fiasco New Reader
12/12/12 11:27 a.m.

I am curious to see how these Coopers stack up against others tires in the segment, especially since I need new summer tires for my Legacy next year (and my neighbor owns a tire shop that sells a lot of Coopers). Seems like a pretty high treadwear rating for a "sticky" tire.

gessvt
gessvt None
12/13/12 8:40 a.m.

Same here. Just got a set of 17" WRX wheels for my LGT. Off to be powdercoated and then I'll be looking for a dedicated summer performance tire.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
8/9/13 2:26 p.m.

We haven't run a real tire test with these yet, but they're definitely not lacking in grip—they feel strong enough to be good competition against other UHP tires. We've done track time, and they've held up well—no chunking, no uneven wear or anything else untoward. They're also quiet. We drive to the track, run laps, and drive home satisfied.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pjfIPmLfy3tVLD8VDsofP0GhltsuDUgNKIbrzoKanCO9UZfbk1305OsjUJ1EebAe