skrzastek
skrzastek
5/29/08 5:29 p.m.

(warning rant!)

Ok, I had the GRM license plate frame on my track car that I took to the local hardware store today. When I came out, the plate was on the ground and the frame was long gone. Who the heck steals a license plate frame, I mean seriously and leaves the license plate?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/08 5:41 p.m.

You hit a chord with somebody there. Hopefully it is not one of us:omg:

Stuc
Stuc Reader
5/29/08 6:10 p.m.

Jesus... I'm going to have to get tuner locks for mine!!

skrzastek
skrzastek
5/29/08 8:53 p.m.
Stuc wrote: Jesus... I'm going to have to get tuner locks for mine!!

you know that isn't a bad idea. But who seriously would steal a license plate frame? That's crazy.

KartRacer
KartRacer GRM+ Member
5/29/08 9:00 p.m.

It might have been a prank by a few kids, or somebody who really wanted a GRM license plate frame:?:

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes SuperDork
5/30/08 5:17 a.m.

If you know the right people, they are free anyway. That's just stupid. May the thief smash his felonius fingers between a large breaker bar and some solid metal many times in his remaining years.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/08 6:40 a.m.

Maybe your car was too ugly for the GRM frame and it turned the screws out itself then ran back to Florida.

I refuse to put a GRM plate on the Saturn to protect Tim and Margies reputation.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
5/30/08 6:40 a.m.

Next time don't engrave your initals so deep into the back of the frame. It makes it harder to scratch out.

skrzastek
skrzastek Reader
5/30/08 3:37 p.m.
Dwight Varnes wrote: If you know the right people, they are free anyway. That's just stupid. May the thief smash his felonius fingers between a large breaker bar and some solid metal many times in his remaining years.

who are the right people?

ea_sport
ea_sport New Reader
5/30/08 8:13 p.m.
skrzastek wrote:
Dwight Varnes wrote: If you know the right people, they are free anyway. That's just stupid. May the thief smash his felonius fingers between a large breaker bar and some solid metal many times in his remaining years.

Yes, I am interested too:grin:

Btw, once I get it I'll need a carbon fiber plate frame lock

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
5/30/08 8:44 p.m.

People steal these from the booth at events all the time, too. If you leave for a minute, just to get a drink or something, you'll come back and half of the plate frames will be gone.

Introducing: The New GRM License Plate Frame Padlock! Tired of getting your frame stolen? Don't want to worry about the safety of your merchandise? Then buy the GRM License Plate Frame Padlock today!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/30/08 11:16 p.m.

Oops.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/31/08 2:00 a.m.
skrzastek wrote:

Anyone manning their booth that you can send for a beer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fNIMSzffhas9cBWhqr3YqcXRLK1fmgyrlIGieIlRDtxeq0wGxIFcFhD3lM3piHnv