Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
6/7/18 8:20 a.m.

The wife and I decide to cancel our cable TV earlier this year. It was a lot of money for something really were not using much.  One of the few sports events that I watched regularly on it was the 24 hour race at LeMans. 

Does anyone know of streaming options for the race?

Keith mentioned in the past that he was able to stream the whole thing through Apple TV.  I don't have one of the those. I am in the U.S. I don't mind paying for the one event.

Thanks for the input.

wae
wae SuperDork
6/7/18 8:58 a.m.

motortrend.com subscription.  $5 for a month.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/7/18 9:11 a.m.

What wae said, hopefully it works well.

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/7/18 9:11 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Really?  I saw it advertised as such: https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a19852033/24-hours-of-le-mans-tv-schedule-wec-velocity-2018/

, but I have the app on my phone and don't see any Spa broadcasts listed (it was supposed to start with Spa) nor a future listing ("Coming Soon") for Le Mans.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/18 9:21 a.m.

To expand - I subscribe to the race using the FIA app on my phone, then use the AppleTV to transfer that to the big screen. There are undoubtedly non-Apple ways to do that.

The official site is https://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans. There may be some options there. Ford is streaming their GT-centric version at fordperformance.tv and other manufacturers will likely do the same. Radio Le Mans will broadcast audio.

wae
wae SuperDork
6/7/18 9:26 a.m.

I heard the FIA stream was getting geoblocked in the US and Canada due to the agreement with Velocity / Motor Trend.  I've also heard that the races are streamed but not available for replay.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/18 9:47 a.m.

I imagine the app would tell you that. They've been available for replay in the past.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
6/7/18 7:03 p.m.

If I read it correctly iit looks like the the 22 hours of the race is on Mototrend.com. The first and last are reserved for Velocity. 

I'll look at the FIA apps and see if it will work. I'll also take a look to see if can get my phone to project on my TV.  

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate the help.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/7/18 8:50 p.m.

I hope radio lemans has no issues in Singapore. Of course I have an open weekend and I'm overseas and it's not in Europe.  Poor planning on my part. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k4QhGdYeaeLSbGxP5FK0G67RMgdI2Fexo78nf733uiKcnIAuAtTYukoln8a0cvDu