David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/21/09 6:34 p.m.

Subaru made the national news: http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/21/autos/subaru_comeback/index.htm

(And it's good news, too.)

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
12/21/09 7:02 p.m.

Good news for Subaru. Here's hoping they don't become another Toyota..

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
12/21/09 7:48 p.m.

Or Honda.....

Or Nissan.....

Hopefully they continue to make awesome cars.

I just realized today how many problem the new generation of Civics really have strait out of the box.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/21/09 7:49 p.m.

The new Legacy is growing on me. I didn't think I would like it, but now I do. (I think I feel that way about all of Subaru's lineup ever. Except the new Forrester, I will NEVER like that)

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/21/09 7:55 p.m.

They just need to offer everything they make with an EJ25 and a manual, and I'd never buy anything other than a subaru again.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/21/09 7:58 p.m.

They NEED a smaller, lighter, cheaper car...with the STi motor.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
12/21/09 8:04 p.m.

They need the BRAT again.

racer_ace
racer_ace New Reader
12/21/09 8:16 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: Or Honda..... Or Nissan..... Hopefully they continue to make awesome cars. I just realized today how many problem the new generation of Civics really have strait out of the box.

Unfortunately Subaru is becoming the next Toyota...or trying to. Heck, Toyota even bought a stake in Subie. All of Subaru's vehicles are getting bigger and softer. The new Legacy Sedan is big and fugly. The Outback is OK, but they ditched the lower riding, sportier Legacy Wagon. The recent Impreza may be a better car but it is bland. Due to this the WRX and Sti became bland too. Even after the beak lift it got a couple of years ago the Tribeca is still a big ugly beast.

After typing all of this I will note that the new Forester is an improvement and next summer we will probably wind up buying a base model 2.5 CVT Outback to replace the wife's 2nd Gen CR-V (I do not like the new CR-V smiley face and I am not a fan of the CR-V driving position). ..As long as the new Subie 2.5 NA motors don't start spinning bearings like the recent 2.5 turbos. Hondas don't spin bearings right off the showroom floor...or basically ever.

Honda may have lost a customer because they did not offer a 4cyl in the CrossTour. With that said, if something ever happened to my EP3 Si I would probably (if I had the funds) go straight to the stealership for a new Si sedan. Say what you will, but try and find another new 200hp, 8,000rpm, 6speed, limited slip, coupe/sedan for <23k. The Si is a true, simple, sporty car without all the heavy fancy pants gadgets and "driver aids" that take the fun out of driving.

Appleseed wrote: They need the BRAT again.

They have one already - his name is Ken Block

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
12/21/09 10:13 p.m.

Subaru, ehh?

Impreza? Toyota with a flat 4. Forester? Too big, a total loss of what the Forester is. Legacy? They went from a car that rivaled the E46 3 series for understated beauty and turned it into... a Toyota with a flat 4.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
12/21/09 10:31 p.m.

Bring back the justy!

3 cyl turbo or 4cyl turbo diesel would be great

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
12/21/09 11:14 p.m.
racer_ace wrote: Say what you will, but try and find another new 200hp, 8,000rpm, 6speed, limited slip, coupe/sedan for <23k. The Si is a true, simple, sporty car without all the heavy fancy pants gadgets and "driver aids" that take the fun out of driving.

Add $2k and you get another 60hp and boost........

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pLJJgJ2yZKZ1Rh3D4r26oH7NGLlGCSx9s4FNulaihOpfQqLmH44vMtcG3WMVcgN6