singledownloop
singledownloop New Reader
11/28/14 6:10 p.m.

I want to lower an awd eagle 4".The engine is offset to the passenger side.The engine mounts also mount the front 3rd member to the bottom of the engine.The engine mounts attach to a removable cross member.This cross member has the lca attached to it.The uca bolts to the shock/spring towers.My thought is to raise the part of the frame including uca mounting section the cross member bolts to 4".I realize the trans tunnel will have to be modified if I raise the engine.The 3rd member is closely mounted to the engine.For steering I could either switch to mustang II rack and pinion or make mounting plates to raise the steering box and idler arm.I have hood clearance to raise the engine the 4".This is with a 4.0 inline 6.Lowering springs aren't going to get it as low as I want.Raising the lca in the cross member to lower it has also been a thought.If you read this far thanks.I want to do this without using any high dollar parts.Hopefully I can get pics on here.

I can't get my photobucket pics to open but if you right click and open in another tab the little pic above my message opens them

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
11/28/14 6:26 p.m.

Your post makes my head hurt but I look forward to seeing after pics

singledownloop
11/28/14 6:48 p.m.

singledownloop
11/28/14 6:49 p.m.

singledownloop
11/30/14 11:40 a.m.

The Grand Cherokee steering box is a good swap to get close ratio cheap.The mustang II rack and pinion is doable on small body amc's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IqSh5tE6f0XfNpEHTQUvjdShVCB26J6Azz41s9pCaZU2yfzLWphDAop3sKOGRK1F