rodney_kahane
rodney_kahane New Reader
7/13/14 1:40 p.m.

been meaning to share this pic for awhile, 914 on spinner hubcaps. doesn't get much better than that

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
7/13/14 3:35 p.m.

I didn't know they made spinner caps that small.

Boy, that's a fad that pretty much died without a trace (at least in Minneapolis) - I haven't seen any spinners for years now.

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/13/14 4:28 p.m.

Once in a while I still see an H2 or Tahoe on 22's with spinners. You can almost taste the remorse emanating from the once-proud owner as you drive by and shake your head just slightly.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
7/13/14 5:17 p.m.

the thing now is donks. The people who used spinners all seem to have donks now.

Donks are funny to me, they need to stay.

qdseeker
qdseeker Reader
7/14/14 8:38 a.m.

Donks have been around for quite a while now. And spinning wheels were one of the more popular wheels for them.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
7/14/14 8:44 a.m.

Even worse, I think those are the cheap hubcap spinners that you could buy at your favorite local Vatozone.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
7/14/14 9:05 a.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: Even worse, I think those are the cheap hubcap spinners that you could buy at your favorite local Vatozone.

My wife refers to those as Lee Press-On spinners.

rodney_kahane
rodney_kahane New Reader
7/14/14 5:36 p.m.

haha, i love the mcdonalds donk. i used to use that pic as an avatar on another site

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
7/15/14 2:13 p.m.

Sad thing is, that 914 looks quite clean. We need to stage an intervention. Or a carnapping...

pirate
pirate Reader
7/15/14 2:50 p.m.

On July 3rd heading north on I-65 just south of Montgomery, Alabama was passed by a black Ferrari followed closely by a donked black late model Rolls Royce. I'm thinking the Rolls was only a couple years old and wheels had to be in excess of 22 inch diameter range. Window on both cars were completely blacked out.

Couldn't get a picture because they had to be doing in excess of 90mph. A donked Rolls isn't something you see very often and probably something I don't care to see again.

rodney_kahane
rodney_kahane New Reader
7/17/14 11:55 a.m.

was a late model roller or an older one? around here (boca raton, fl) i've seen a murdered out late model rolls as well as bright red, not a flattering color for the car

pirate
pirate Reader
7/17/14 3:36 p.m.

Was a late model Rolls all in black. I'm thinking had to involve some pro sports bonus money!

ryanty22
ryanty22 Dork
7/17/14 10:22 p.m.

Heres one for you guys. I got a chuckle. BMW 318 police interceptor

ryanty22
ryanty22 Dork
7/17/14 10:23 p.m.

1998 BMW 318I Police Interceptor, Police handling package, 4 cyl, 5 speed. Has blown head gasket, Car is complete. Everything works in the car. 17" run flats, $1,000.00 or best reasonable offer. Contact Ronnie

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
7/17/14 10:46 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: I didn't know they made spinner caps that small. Boy, that's a fad that pretty much died without a trace (at least in Minneapolis) - I haven't seen any spinners for years now.

I still see about one or two cars with spinner wheel covers in my neck of the woods. Usually a rusted, busted-ass Accord or older minivan that's missing at least one of the covers or spinny thingies.

The new hotness are wheel covers that simulate BBS wheels or machined wheels:

Check out this hilariously awful photoshop!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vNktRXYgX3LbTOmB4Le6YVnQ0KBE7nU49QK7c0fLEXEGpHkyeNlgA1LkKJrRuNdZ