Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/19 10:21 p.m.

surprise Holy berk!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/19 10:23 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

Looks like PVC trumps plastic.

I’m pretty sure that it was the wood and concrete behind the PVC that trumped all over that plastic. 

Can I sue myself for damages since I own both the car and the house?

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/25/19 10:24 p.m.

Wait, isn’t there a history of Honda abuse here?  Is this the 3rd or am I thinking of another forum member?  Put her in a Mustang so at least she has an excuse!  laugh

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
4/25/19 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Good luck.  The owner will fight you all the way....

Woody
4/25/19 10:29 p.m.
Cotton said:

Wait, isn’t here a history of Honda abuse here?  Is this the 3rd or am I thinking of another forum member?  Put her in a Mustang so at least she has an excuse!  laugh

That was the oldest daughter. Apparently, it’s an inherited trait. 

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
4/26/19 12:17 a.m.

Might as well make the garage wider now

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
4/26/19 12:30 a.m.

Guess that won’t buff out?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/26/19 12:59 a.m.

Hood, fender, light, bumper

I predict $5.5k in damage at insurance company rates for body work. Is the car worth $7k? 

Maybe only $3.5k in damage if the hood is okay and the airbag is not blown. 

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
4/26/19 5:38 a.m.

Wow. How fast was she going? Seems a little fast 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/19 5:43 a.m.

Say this 5 times really fast.

"I love my wife."

"I love my wife." 

"I love my wife...."

Some times you can't live with them but murder is a felony. 

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
4/26/19 5:56 a.m.
Woody said:
MrJoshua said:

Looks like PVC trumps plastic.

I’m pretty sure that it was the wood and concrete behind the PVC that trumped all over that plastic. 

Can I sue myself for damages since I own both the car and the house?

Better yet, try suing your wife...see how it works out for you. 

Doesn't look too bad.  My guess is around $2200-$2500 from what I see.  You can pick up a 1 to 2 year old Smart or Scion iQ for a steal...just sayin'.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/26/19 6:23 a.m.

The good news is, around here at least, your insurance will want to count it as a claim against your auto insurance AND your homeowners.  Yay insurance!  (I'd probably tell them the garage is fine and fix it myself if it's nothing structural)

If you hadn't guessed, I'm starting to loath my insurance agent.  I'm pretty sure I could UBER everywhere I go, develop a crack habit, and still come out ahead financially on insurance alone. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/26/19 6:26 a.m.

I’ve done it.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/26/19 6:36 a.m.

It happens.  Mine bonked her brand new 4Runner like 4 times in the fort 2 months of ownership.  The first two bugged out.  I left her driving it with the last two un-repaired until that stopped.  Now it’s finally time to get it fixed.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/19 6:39 a.m.

The worst is crashing your explorer in to the open door of your wife’s car while it was open. She forgot to close the door and it was at night. Car was dark blue. It effectively made both vehicles immobile.  

Woody
4/26/19 6:40 a.m.

So far, I've determined that it will need a headlight, foglight, fender, fender bracket, bumper cover and bumper support. Airbag didn't fire and the hood was untouched. A little over a grand in Genuine Honda parts with an online discount. *Paint and labor not included.

I built the house, so I can fix that myself. No time to do the car myself though.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/26/19 7:07 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

If you do make an attempt to fix the car yourself, try http://car-part.com/ and see if you can find used, same color parts, nearby.  

Bumper cover and bumper metal support will be listed as "bumper assembly" 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
4/26/19 7:33 a.m.

I always back into the garage. Sure it's probably harder to do at first, but once you get used to it, I find it much easier to maneuver, and makes leaving much easier.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/26/19 7:35 a.m.

What John said... 

I just bought a door and a fender for my recently acquired 4runner.  Same color, good condition $275.00 delivered off car-part.com

porschenut
porschenut Reader
4/26/19 7:40 a.m.

Replace the lights and tape it back together.  Serves as a good reminder to pay attention putting it in the garage.  She should have stopped when the loud scraping noises started not once she was in the space.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
4/26/19 7:51 a.m.
Mazdax605 said:

I always back into the garage. Sure it's probably harder to do at first, but once you get used to it, I find it much easier to maneuver, and makes leaving much easier.

Rear end damage can be more expensive to fix.  wink

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/26/19 7:57 a.m.

I thought my wife was the only one to do that.

She's hit the garage at least three times, backed into my truck, backed my truck into a telephone pole, backed into a truck in a parking lot, backed into a man in a parking lot...angry

How's that go?

I love my wife

I love my wife

I love my wife

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jv6A5rUDTNhJ3yh9wnGBrgAxQfuGmHFEj8kk2KpxpIPwNk3nAbTD9gkzpdY4rjqN