1 2
kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/10/19 1:25 p.m.

Best part: Jack and Carl are two of the nicest, most helpful people you'll ever meet.  Great "ambassadors" for the autocross community.  

Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
8/12/19 7:47 a.m.
noddaz said:

Did your improvements tame the under brake squat in the front?

We've still got a lot of tuning to do with the suspension.  We've got it better, but it's still an issue, and we're not loving the handling yet.  Of course, it is a 50 year old station wagon so we've got to consider how high we set the bar.    On Saturday at the CAM Challenge, we were pretty frustrated.  Sunday, we made some changes, the car felt better, and we took quite a bit of time off, which at least validated the direction we're heading.  Next stop is the Solo Nationals, so hopefully we'll have it dialed in better.

Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
8/12/19 7:48 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Gosh, you're making me blush.  I have to say that you were one of the ambassadors that welcomed me and Jack into autox, so I hope you're blushing a bit too.

landstuhltaylor
landstuhltaylor New Reader
8/12/19 12:32 p.m.

Didn't get to watch it on Sunday, but it did not look good on course on Saturday. Just hop-skipping it's way through everything. Looks like the damper is not controlling anything at all either from hitting hard parts or just bad valving. Should get a lot faster with that figured out.

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
8/12/19 6:45 p.m.

Hmmm......is this the inspiration for V8Kid and his father to pursue a similar path elsewhere in the forum and put the 'LARK' on hold????  news at eleven......and long roofs are always a welcome addition in whatever floats ones' boat....wink

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0rfsRPUBVVlu0OmhtA7oM2UQ8i14sKYY6E0jn0PH4O86TqQ82tXqScbeAQLhWbt8