bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/27/23 8:55 p.m.

Tomorrow going to go drive a '22 cpo

yall are a bunch of enablers 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/28/23 1:21 p.m.

Great call on paying cash. We have a similar financial outlook. If one of us loses a paycheck we won't be berkeleyed. That feels pretty good. 

..in for the new car photos. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/28/23 1:30 p.m.

In reply to codrus (Forum Supporter) :

I was looking at a newer car that I suspected might hit harder on my insurance so I called my lady at State Farm Insurance.  I also had a 16 year old daughter on my insurance so I wanted to be prudent.

You bought the car? No.  Do have the VIN? Not yet, I'm just trying to get an idea about the increase.  When will you pick up the car?  I haven't bought it yet.   

My agent is hard to talk to. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/28/23 1:47 p.m.

Dumbest thing I could have done. Seriously dumb. Doubt I want to buy a used car for new car prices but I want one of these 

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab Reader
1/28/23 2:12 p.m.

I feel that conflicting emotion of regret and elation. Different use case than yours, but I just bought this 2010 GX460 for tow duty and maybe eventual off road shenanigans. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/23 2:26 p.m.
bobzilla said:

Dumbest thing I could have done. Seriously dumb. 

At least we learned definitively that you and Mrs. gumby aren't vying for the same inventory

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/28/23 2:54 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

She has champagne taste to my mgd

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/23 2:56 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Our budget will get her Miller High Life, champagne of beers!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/29/23 5:59 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

This is exactly the same at my house. I came home one time and she said that she saw a cool car and described it as she didn't see the badge. Jaguar F-Type. Why can't she be like I saw a really cool '86 F-150. Or the Ranchero on a Bronco II frame that is running around town. My kids love that one. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
1/29/23 10:19 a.m.

On the insurance thing, that doesn't apply to the push button start cars, only key start ones. A lot of the higher trim Kia/Hyundai cars (like the Forte GT) have the push button start. Still, it's insane how easy those key start cars are to steal!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/30/23 8:57 a.m.

So talking it out yesterday, we will be buying one. Need Sierra operational again and I think the plan is around march find the one and buy it. I'm not opposed to a '22 N-Line manual CPO but they are as much as the GT new so it doesn't seem to make sense.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/2/23 3:18 p.m.

Now the question becomes what color? I like the dark grey, reminds me of our older Fortes. But the lighter silver really sparkles and makes the body lines look good. 

And the wild car that red. I keep looking at that thinking "no more red cars" but then "thats so pretty." 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
2/2/23 8:29 p.m.

White and silver look really nice on the newer ones. All of the colors look good on them, actually. Really can't go wrong!

The older ones (like mine) have the turn signal bumper pods in the back and they have black surrounds no matter the color, which is the main reason I ended up with a black one. Looks way less goofy that way. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/2/23 9:53 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I wish there were more cars with actual colors instead of white/silver/gray/black that almost all new cars seem to be. It is your car though so get whatever you want. I will keep my judgment to myself. 

See me! I am keeping it to myself!!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 10:14 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

When given a choice, always get the sexy color. Red it is!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/3/23 1:27 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I usually prefer my dd to blend in, disappear in traffic and parking lots so unobtrusive colors typically win out. But that red is attractive 

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
2/3/23 8:48 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Plus one on the red.  Life needs a little color!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/3/23 9:03 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

How heavy is your right foot in the day to day? This could be a legitimate consideration if you like to optimize travel times. If so, bland is best. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/3/23 9:12 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

It varies, but I usually stay 7 over max. Younger years in bland cars I would watch the bright colored cars would get nailed for my speed.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
2/3/23 9:20 a.m.
bobzilla said:

Now the question becomes what color? I like the dark grey, reminds me of our older Fortes. But the lighter silver really sparkles and makes the body lines look good. 

Galaxy Gray--mine (in that color) should be arriving late next week.  I like to "fly under the radar" when it comes to colors.  I think they "age" better versus the flashier choices...meaning they do not lose any appeal or you regret making the choice. 

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
2/9/23 8:19 a.m.

Picked up the Forte GT yesterday.  The tech stuff on this car is exceptionally cool.  My favorite is that through the Sirius app, they actually have weather radar that overlays your map.  The Harmon-Kardon stereo is the nicest OE system that I've ever had, too.  I'm going to like this car. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/9/23 8:52 a.m.
FSP_ZX2 said:

Picked up the Forte GT yesterday.  The tech stuff on this car is exceptionally cool.  My favorite is that through the Sirius app, they actually have weather radar that overlays your map.  The Harmon-Kardon stereo is the nicest OE system that I've ever had, too.  I'm going to like this car. 

I hate you  right now. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/10/23 1:27 p.m.

Dealer we bought the seltos from has a black manual G incoming next month. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
2/10/23 3:07 p.m.

In reply to FSP_ZX2 :

Glad you're enjoying yours! The stereo in these cars is pretty good for an OE system. The infotainment is pretty good and easy to use, and one of the cool things I like about CarPlay/Android Auto is that if there's a significant update, it's like getting a whole new stereo! Yesterday, my Android Auto updated and offered a bunch of new features, including multi-app simultaneous display, so my nav displays on the left and the audio displays on the right. That was something I've wanted since seeing other cars with that feature, and now mine has it without me doing anything! 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/10/23 3:36 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Wife's Seltos does the split screen thing too. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5DxYdM919QlICMbDRTINGJAN3LZwxzRbPG0aUpaS5p6XL80jiV6UdJ3d4HZ6PCcK