1 2
nderwater
nderwater Dork
9/19/11 9:36 a.m.

Wow, those GT scores were super close. Good showing, guys.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
9/19/11 4:19 p.m.

I may have missed the swimming Ferrari, but I had a blast at the stages I did see. The Flyin' Miata team was a friendly bunch - Keith even signed my book for me before tech - and the rest of the Targa people were just as good. I'm already planning for next year.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/11 4:55 a.m.

We took a 5 minute penalty for failing to finish that stage...and we finished the race 4:58 behind the leader. Oh, that could have been such a good race on the last day.

What a blast. Slantvaliant, thanks for coming up to say hi.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
9/20/11 7:24 a.m.

Thanks for signing "How to Build a Cheap Sports Car" for me! I kept running into your team members before, during, and after Targa, and they were all great people.

Come to think of it, I really didn't run into any unpleasant people all week - racers, spectators, or locals. That's a record for me!

I'm already plotting for 2012.

I"m also sorting photos. Unfortunately, I had a few camera problems (mostly ID10T issues) and didn't get a lot of good photos of your car.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/11 9:15 a.m.

I get that error a lot.

People come to the Targa for the racing, but they return for the people. And the racing.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
9/20/11 9:42 a.m.
Keith wrote: We took a 5 minute penalty for failing to finish that stage...and we finished the race 4:58 behind the leader. Oh, that could have been such a good race on the last day.

Ohhhh, man! What a nailbiter. Congratulations to the entire FM team. We're all proud of you. Now, get some sleep!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sLx7UgoTUbE9pSGdJffZq4pip69Vii79c1lHgYb95ZdFqjXuic3BORht9VWQqAfw