1 2 3
Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/5/09 10:23 p.m.
BAMF wrote: The base sedan does not come with the 2.3, but the base hatch does. The equivalent trim level in the sedan also gets the 2.3. Some of the reading I've done says that the heads are different between the Focus and 3, but not much is said beyond that. If you can find a solid deal on a 2.3L Mazda3, I recommend it.

The Focus goes for about $5k-$7k. The Mazda3 seems to run $7k-$10k. That's a notable difference. It also seems like it's harder to find a Mazda3 with a stick.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
1/6/09 1:26 p.m.

That's odd, 'round here it's easier to find a Mazda with a stick. There is a pretty big price jump, though.

NewEdgePerf
NewEdgePerf None
2/6/09 3:41 p.m.

If you want to learn more about the Ford Focus, I have a blog that goes through many of the changes through the years as well as the variations of models, body styles, and engines.

http://newedgeperformance.blogspot.com.

I also have been selling Focus parts since 2000. Check out www.newedgeperformance.com for 100's of Focus parts and more Focus information.

Focus tuning information link;

https://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=107

I have a 01 ZX3 and with the rear seat folded down, you can haul quite a bit.

With only a few parts added, a Focus can be a capable auto-crosser as well as a good daily driver.

I hope this helps.

Tony D

racerboy000
racerboy000 Reader
3/25/12 4:32 p.m.

Anyone suggestions for a rear sway bar for a wagon?

thanks

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/25/12 4:49 p.m.

Wow this a thread from the past!!!!

Feb 6th 2009 before racerboy000 came along!

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
3/25/12 5:17 p.m.
racerboy000 wrote: Anyone suggestions for a rear sway bar for a wagon? thanks

Wagon RSBs are not unique. Try a SVT bar, or any similar aftermarket bar. Do not exceed 24mm (15/16") on anything less than race worthy spring rates (300# +) as the rear LCAs have a poor design and can fracture at the endlink mounting hole; stiff springs help mitigate this to some degree...and even then I see no point going over 25mm / 1". On street springs, something around 7/8" (22.2mm) works nicely. SVT bar is a 22 as well.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
3/25/12 5:42 p.m.

In case no one mentioned it. The SVT had the Zetec engine not the Duratec which came later. There was a sedan, the ST with the 2.3 and a five speed. I drove one once, nice car.I thinke it may had rear discs.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
3/25/12 5:54 p.m.

The rear LCA's have been reinforced on later cars with a bit of plate reinforcing the area where the sway plugs in. This can be done with a little welding and drilling pretty easily on a earlier car.

Take a quick look under the car where the sway bar would plug in. If its just a hole in the stamped steel its the old type. If its obvious theres a thicker bit of steel in that spot with the hole for the sway in it its the later type.

Like ST mentioned, Unless your going big, its no issue...

racerboy000
racerboy000 Reader
3/26/12 6:30 a.m.

Thank you

racerboy000
racerboy000 Reader
3/29/12 6:44 a.m.

I found a set of svt bars but also read that the wagon has the same size?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uCCaSXB8wrUEvNTIrzKhuvnXBuYJQBK77wpuOOnpjSbQiCMqSr50B2pTQrrBXfHd