czerka
czerka New Reader
11/17/20 5:49 p.m.

I'm going to my first track day this weekend and am confident my car will pass tech so I wasn't in a hurry to get it done. Now I've started calling around and none of the local shops around me does them or has any idea what I'm talking about.  I live fairly far out from the city so in guessing that might be the problem. 

Are tech inspections something most bigger shops or chain shops will do?  Dealerships?

Anyone in the Houston area have a favorite shop?

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
11/17/20 5:59 p.m.

Unfortunately there aren't really any road race centric shops on that side of Houston.  What track are you going to?

Bumbera's is a NASA authorized inspection shop, I'd try them first.

I used to work at GAP Racing.  You could give Tim a call and tell him Casey sent you, I'm not sure if he'd be able to get you in but it's worth a shot.

czerka
czerka New Reader
11/17/20 6:25 p.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

I'm completely free Thursday and Friday so if I need to drive a ways I can, I was hoping to find something close I could use regularly if needed.

I'll be going to MSR Houston for a Driver's Edge event. 

Bumberas was the first shop I called. The person I spoke to said they didn't do tech inspections any more. 

sergio
sergio Reader
11/17/20 7:54 p.m.

Try Autocheck Elite in Katy. 25551 Kingsland blvd at Pin Oak. 281-644-9045 ask for Santiago

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
okazytMuHGvij5hzyfBXAHWsowu9al6tMEJJ2L3xjhDl4RzO122ZH2E8pBW3eiFl