the staff of Motorsport Marketing
the staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
12/2/13 11:20 a.m.

In 1996-and-newer models, the airbag light comes on often in the dash. This is typically due to the active seat belt receptacles located on each front seat. A scan tool will tell you which one to replace and reset your SRS light. Check engine lights are not overly common but are most likely caused …

Read the rest of the story

Cedricn
Cedricn New Reader
2/15/21 1:19 a.m.

Did Canada or mexico market get the actual m3 e36 or did they also get the "e36 m3"? 

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/15/21 8:17 a.m.

Good idea to replace the detent balls and springs in the transmission.  They get weak and worn and the transmission will shift well again after the shifter bushing replacement.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 HalfDork
2/15/21 6:16 p.m.
Cedricn said:

Did Canada or mexico market get the actual m3 e36 or did they also get the "e36 m3"? 

Canada got the euro engined m3. Atleast a handful of them......

Randy_Forbes
Randy_Forbes New Reader
6/3/21 8:00 a.m.

The opening picture brings back memories; here's the '95 I had, prior to loading it up on the buyer's trailer.

Those are 18" E46 M3 alloys fitted (initially to clear a set of Stoptech front brakes, which now reside on the front of my ES/TS equipped '99 M Coupe...).  And wait, is that a BIMMERWORLD sticker I see on the window?!?!

I'm more a fan of the '98-'02 M Coupes & Rdstrs (trunkfloor spotwelds/differential mount failures not withstanding) and I'd bought this former M3 track-rat with an all blowed up engine to pilfer all the go-fast parts off it__specifically the Eurosport Twinscrew Supercharger setup.  I swapped in a stock S52 engine that came from a Louisiana M3 that was getting an LS3 swap (intimately familiar doing that swap myself) and then passed the yellow car on to a first time BMW owner to begin his own journey (that included turbocharging, and then an LS swap, but those are his stories to tell).

I have to say, after getting this car back on the road, still with an improved suspension, I certainly get why they're so popular; it just did everything well.  In all categories, acceleration, handling and braking, it exceeded my expectations__and I'm hard to please ;) 

wbstephen
wbstephen None
6/3/21 8:30 a.m.
Cedricn said:

Is an M2 not an M2 because the M2 Competition exists? The US spec car is still an M3. 

Our Preferred Partners
MSEHT3xVgdgaOIURXHQWBg9SKgKK19BgtXm1yfx22RabCzVwF1eDTpc4cQifHfgY