8/20/15 1:57 p.m.

MEET OUR EXPERT
John Tecce
BGB Motorsports Group, LLC
6C W Tower Circle, Unit 102
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
bgbmotorsports.com
(386) 672-3336

The Porsche Cayman is sexy enough for the street, but it’s also the cheapest dual-purpose Porsche you can get your hands on. If you’re budget-conscious and the car will primarily see the street instead of the track, I’d …

Read the rest of the story

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/15 2:49 p.m.

time for some post of the Silver Bullet and some others

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/20/15 2:57 p.m.

Nice!

I drove a 6spd 2010 base Cayman at work and really fell in love with it. The way it handled, how comfortable it was, and I like the looks more than most 911s personally.

Must wait for the DFI models to get into affordable territory.

jsquared
jsquared Reader
8/21/15 8:53 p.m.
It’s kind of the Miata of the Porsche line in terms of reliability and how little you have to do to it.

This after $5000 in mods to keep a stock one from oil starving at the track? Stuff like this and the IMS are the biggest things keeping me from 98X-chassis cars. I told myself I'd have to get a Boxster S or Cayman S before I bought another S2000, but I'm thinking otherwise the more I look into it. Which sucks, because I REALLY like the Cayman!

avandeth
avandeth
6/16/19 9:24 p.m.

Great article!  I love my Cayman, it was a 2008 Design Edition and I followed a very similar path mentioned in the article. A few aero bits and a full Tractive Suspension from TPC.  A ton of weight still to come out of the car and a few horses to add and give back.  But just ran VIR full course and did a 2 min 10 sec lap.  After looking at the data there is definitely another 4-5+ sec I can get.  A really amazing machine to work on and drive. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2HJy2b5rh2QqE0A1LQsqyTlhcdVVJBswwRLhUfBNNRJUBFtTWrx9k7UeMIQ7KjtQ