1 2
wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
10/30/13 3:31 p.m.

I tend to remember it's there 4 - 5 times a yr ... then check it out to see what's been posted since the last time I remembered

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
10/30/13 3:31 p.m.

I tend to remember it's there 4 - 5 times a yr ... then check it out to see what's been posted since the last time I remembered

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
10/30/13 3:32 p.m.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/13 3:45 p.m.
PHeller wrote: My worry about the tech tips section is that as it gets larger, searching it will become difficult. Say I wanted to copy and paste some tech tips from other websites about the Miata. How to change the transmission or differential oil, for example, and I almost want to use GRM Tech Tips as my own personal repository of information. What type of transmission fluid is suggested, what type of diff oil. That kind of thing.

You can tag new posts with the make the post is about. Maybe eventually they'll fix the search function here, but you can always use google to search the forum. Finally, any threads you want to keep track of, you can add to your favorites by clicking on the heart or on the link to watch a thread.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
10/30/13 4:49 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: A wiki would be neat, but adding that would like involve some programming--which means time and money. We could launch a sub-forum today.

The organization of the forum would influence how useful it would be. I would envision a sub-forum for Tech Tips with threads on general tech tips. In the Tech Tips forum there would be other sub-forums for specific vehicles such as one for general Miata tips and maybe even further sub-forums for specific models(NA,NB,etc.).

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/30/13 5:49 p.m.

Eventually, yes, I could see sub-sub forums. I guess it depends on the traffic received. This is all great feedback, so thanks. It is much appreciated.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/13 5:53 p.m.

Predicting the subsubsubforum on Yugos to have more content than the one on Corvettes...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/13 6:00 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Predicting the subsubsubforum on Yugos to have more content than the one on Corvettes...

Predicting the subsubsubforum on Javelins to have more hammer-based content than the one on Yugo's...

FTFY

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
10/30/13 6:19 p.m.

I'm all for the idea, but I fear it might become cluttered with the usual "How to DIY oil change on xxxxx" like so many other forums tech tricks/tips/DIY sections. Mostly I would like to see how other people go about the general modification or fabrication of parts.

If nothing else it would be a good place for helpful links from around the web; like tonybmw's panel beating thread on RetroRides.

I have some good tricks up my sleeve, but not nearly enough to build a thread around. Or, at least not off the top of my head.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/30/13 8:59 p.m.

I just posted a new Tech Tip!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
deOC7Lu5sWmJWZaWrJD13GpjLB1d7Xh1hr8DjWQw21B2VqEqmg4NxrocK35rpwzh