1 2 3
Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/17 5:49 p.m.

Honestly, it looks yellow to me. I'm more of a Krypton Green kind of guy anyhow. My wife would kill me.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/26/17 8:42 a.m.

In reply to Mike:

Personally, that is the perfect LBC color for something driven on US roads. Be as visible as possible, ugly or not.

Of course, my Spitfire is "invisible-brown"...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/17 7:23 p.m.

I've never had a problem with USAA, but I've never tried to get money out of them, either, the two claims I've had were somebody else's fault.

Schrödinger's Flight Service
Schrödinger's Flight Service MegaDork
3/27/17 7:06 a.m.
Ian F wrote: In reply to Mike: Personally, that is the perfect LBC color for something driven on US roads. Be as visible as possible, ugly or not. Of course, my Spitfire is "invisible-brown"...

I take it at some point Invisible Brown Spitfire contributed to Visible Brown pants?

Schrödinger's Flight Service
Schrödinger's Flight Service MegaDork
3/27/17 7:09 a.m.

I am a fairly conservative color person. I don't like beige, but monochromatic hues are nice (white, grey, silver, black) I like a nice Macademia Nut Brown on a Porsche too.

But for some reason these little buggers just scream "Paint me the most obnoxious color ever dreamed of. Still won't match my cornering ability!"

This seems to be one of the few cars that gets away with being obnoxious and is more endearing for it.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/27/17 7:16 a.m.
Schrödinger's Flight Service wrote: I take it at some point Invisible Brown Spitfire contributed to Visible Brown pants?

It's been close a couple of times. Fortunately, the car has O/D so it keeps up with traffic fairly well. While I'm not a big fan of daytime running lights on most cars, I tend to drive with the lights on in LBC's.

I also tend to lean towards more subdued colors. While I have no plans to paint the Spitfire or my GT6 (which is a medium shade of green), I would hesitant to change the color to something brighter.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/17 10:31 a.m.

Best color for an Elise is Ardent Red - it's the standard red with a gold pearl over top. It doesn't photograph well. It'll knock your socks off in person, just spectacular. But almost all the Elise colors tend to have hidden depths when they get in the sun, they show off little curvy cars very nicely.

Chrome Orange is a great color but I've never been as impressed with it on the Elise. It looks fantastic on my Seven when it's broken up by the aluminum panels.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JloSjN5gY4Sws6AnXl56w26op2sMH4gVbqKy6xJd9d17SZ2L35XYLkRJHjNQ0LGP