1 2 3
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/1/15 6:07 a.m.
Jcamper wrote: I have had my '02 996 targa for 4 months or so now. Still in absolute love with it. It fit the wife and two kids for a trip to the beach for the weekend. After enjoying it every day I think the sport exhaust makes a big difference in visceral feel. Transitions from a sedate note to a willing growl, to a glorious howl when you plant the throttle and let it rev out. Oh so good! Then on the throttle lift corner turn-in it has this fantastic crackle/pop. It fills the surrounding hills and bounces back in slightly tweaked reverb. Love it! Watch the options when buying 911s, big spread in what you are getting. Mine is full leather, comfort power/memory/heated seats, carbon fiber accents, pse, and the exact color combo I wanted. Jcamper

May I be so forward as to ask the ball park of price and miles?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/1/15 7:21 a.m.

The Auction went higher than what I wanted to go and hadn't even met reserve. They didn't even have any of the extras that are over 3K in the aftermarket. (Luggage, Keys, Etc.) It was already into nice 997 territory so I passed on bidding any more. I think for that much I'll just get a nice C2 and add the LSD if I really feel I want it.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/1/15 7:40 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Used 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Mileage: 74,436 6 speed Winner

If I stumble upon something like that next year at this time I may have issues saying no. That's purdy!

Jcamper
Jcamper Reader
9/1/15 9:46 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:
Jcamper wrote: I have had my '02 996 targa for 4 months or so now. Still in absolute love with it. It fit the wife and two kids for a trip to the beach for the weekend. After enjoying it every day I think the sport exhaust makes a big difference in visceral feel. Transitions from a sedate note to a willing growl, to a glorious howl when you plant the throttle and let it rev out. Oh so good! Then on the throttle lift corner turn-in it has this fantastic crackle/pop. It fills the surrounding hills and bounces back in slightly tweaked reverb. Love it! Watch the options when buying 911s, big spread in what you are getting. Mine is full leather, comfort power/memory/heated seats, carbon fiber accents, pse, and the exact color combo I wanted. Jcamper
May I be so forward as to ask the ball park of price and miles?

The car had 99k. At 90k it had a new clutch, oil separator, water pump, aftermarket IMS bearing installed. I wanted one that had a few miles on the original IMS without failure. Super anal owner: he had filled the front license plate holder holes, had the front repainted and it was garaged at his home and work. He had installed a nice kenwood bt/dvd/nav head unit. Targas are a bit tougher to come by but I wanted the extra headroom in back and opening glass hatch. Car also has the optional wheels. I paid asking price of 22.5k. Jcamper

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/1/15 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Jcamper:

NiCE!!!

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/1/15 10:04 a.m.

Not that I could afford one, but you guys did have me looking for fun.

This seems like a smoking deal:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5149212023.html

LSx Swap Candidate?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5197475154.html

-Rob

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
9/1/15 10:22 a.m.

In reply to rob_lewis:

All that work on the cab and no mention of ims. Weird

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/1/15 10:46 a.m.
AaronBalto
AaronBalto Reader
9/1/15 12:27 p.m.

So many cool cars at the bottom of the depreciation curve, so few garage bays! I think this is probably a great car for the money at these levels. What I wonder is what would happen to the pricing if the 911 bubble ever did burst? Imagine if the crazy air-cooled prices ever collapsed--what would that do to these? 8k for a 911? Who knows?!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/1/15 12:52 p.m.

I don't think the Air Cooled cars will collapse and I think these, due to volume sold and Porsche-philes still coveting the 993 and the two subsequent 911s being epic leaps forward from the 996, I don't think we have seen the bottom of the curve.

Let the stock market crash a little more and I bet we see these, consistently in the lower teens, with Boxers going into the $6k range for a decent driven example.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/1/15 12:54 p.m.

Are these one of the cars where high mileage shouldn't scare you away, because at that point, the catastrophic issues would have already shown themselves?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/1/15 12:56 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Why YES Swank "I am wanting a 'new' car and don't know what I want" Force One. Yes they are.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/1/15 1:00 p.m.
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/1/15 2:11 p.m.

I tried talking to the seller of this car last week. Called him and he told me to text him instead. I tried texting him and no replies. So I called again. He sucks, or this ad is for suckers.

Good Luck

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IkVzxhNjfSPqHBBoHvCfMd3ruMQ0Uy2qwYFDz7nO6gToH7s7wuTLZ2AMlkfwf8AJ