pirate
pirate Dork
7/30/21 7:07 p.m.

I found this on another website but thought all of you might find it cool. The description is that of the owner and it is for sale.

This roadster has a Mazda Miata DOHC 1.6 liter with two Weber DCOE 40 sidedraft carbs and a 5 speed transmission. The rearend is an s10 with a 4:10 ratio. Fiberglass body and nose with a metal hood. The body is an ATR part. The brakes are Wilwood . The ignition is a mechanical distributor with an MSD coil. Stewart Warner gauges. Trimline electric fan and aluminum radiator. Headwind headlights. RCI fuel cell and an electric fuel pump. Centech wiring harness. Kirkey seats with lap and shoulder belts. KRC power steering. It was built by sprintcar racer Lyn McIntosh.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
8/4/21 6:47 p.m.

This is so cool, I really like it when guys find new " homes " for engines, especially the unexpected homes.

This certainly beats my dream of replacing the 4 cylinder engine in a Lima-powered Fox-body with a more modern DOHC 4 cylinder from a newer model Ford.   My original dream was to replace the clunky 200 cubic inch 6 cylinder in a mid 60s Mustang or Falcon with that newer 4 cylinder but they are getting a bit pricey.

The ignition is a mechanical distributor with an MSD coil.

...utilizing a vintage Datsun (Hitachi) dizzy converted to belt drive and mounted externally on the engine with a handmade bracket with integrated belt tension adjuster.  As one does.

Something tells me there is a lot of clever engineering hiding in and around this car.  I’d really love to poke around with a camera and see what else is under there  :)

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
8/6/21 8:06 p.m.

But it's no eliminator

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ecOXRBeAhkXtFH9XofTrHzS6R40vKUzQAyCYKPOMzXDuxTDufEsCu0sIHjbI7oLY