1 2
759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/8/18 11:41 a.m.

your perceived  ADHD can't hold a candle to AndyNewman......you can't make two posts on his and he's spun off into the infield at turn3....sheeeeesh

oh and I suggest this.......running an Ecotec like the Pink Panther (LooseC) wink

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
8/8/18 11:53 a.m.

Heavily ported 13b for brap brap sounds?

Cool little car, seems like a great starting point for all sorts of directions to work in.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 12:49 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Hmm...

That's quite attractive. Maybe it will end up with some fatter tires after all. 

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/8/18 1:17 p.m.

And if you're going to put fat tires on it, the horribly slow manual steering and drum brakes just have to be upgraded.

And from there it's a slippery slope to this:

Toyman01
8/8/18 4:04 p.m.

Apparently the hubby is tied up all week and won't be able to show the car until this weekend. 

By then, something else will have caught my eye. 

Toyman01
8/8/18 7:26 p.m.

Oh my, maybe it will go farther than I originally thought.

I think I can make it to the weekend after all. 

NoMini
NoMini PowerDork
8/8/18 9:17 p.m.

At first glance, I thought that Holman Moody on the rear quarter said "holy moly", which, incidentally was what was I thought when I saw that car.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/9/18 7:46 a.m.

I saw an early Falcon with radiused rear wheel wells, probably using front fender metal. It looked great, almost European. 

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
8/9/18 8:07 a.m.

Nice! You already know it early mustang underneath so loads of support.  I helped a neibor years back put one together with 66-76 bronco 9" rear, c6 trans and a 351w.  Left for vacation and the kid sold it before we got it on the road...I wasn't happy at all but he wanted a civc...

That looks so nice it might be worth just keeping it as is, but its yours have fun with it!  :)

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/9/18 8:56 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

Someone else with more knowledge of early Falcons may correct me, but my understanding is the early ones like this aren't that suitable for big power upgrades - it wasn't until the 1963 1/2 Sprint came along that the unibody was beefed up so the car could handle a V8.

edited to add:  I do like this car, very much - I'm not trying to discourage you from buying it.  I'm just not sure that any performance modifications will be easy or cheap.

https://www.engineswapdepot.com/?p=2296

The trick is to not swap the engine. Leaves way too much to design and fabricate and develop

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/9/18 9:34 a.m.

Falcon is one of my go to craigslist searches. I also search for Comet hoping that anyone else looking for falcons overlook them.

NickD
NickD UberDork
8/10/18 7:38 a.m.

This early Falcon bombs around my area on the streets and I think its just the greatest. What you can't see in this photo is that there is all sorts of subtle custom paint work over that candy apple red. Freak dots, thin stripes, pinstriping, lace paint, fish scales, you name it, every '60s and '70s custom paint trick is blended in in black. Plus it has a snotty small block jammed way back in the chassis with a custom yellow plexiglass firewall enclosure.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/18 8:22 a.m.

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
8/10/18 9:31 a.m.

16" Konig Rewinds made me regret going five lug on my car.

Were I to do it again I would eschew the Granada spindles and go with a scarebird disc kit with those wheels.

Toyman01
8/10/18 3:41 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls :

Thanks for the info. 

If I end up with this, I'll be picking your brain. I really liked you car. 

Toyman01
8/11/18 5:46 p.m.

Well, I think that is going to be a bust. It had a fairly solid foundation but it also had a lot of rust. All 4 quarter panels, bottom corners of the windshield, bottom of the rear window and the passenger drip rail were significantly bubbled or rusted through. 

He wanted $4k for it. I think it's more like a $1500-$2500 car. I told him I would have to think on it. I'll call him Monday or Tuesday and lowball him. I doubt he will bite. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/18 7:13 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

That’s almost exactly what I would do.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/11/18 9:21 p.m.

Shucks!  I just found the thread and was hoping you'd end up with it.  But better to pass on a rust bucket and jump on a good one when it comes along.  A round-body Falcon is on my list as well.  The I-only-NEED-one-kidney-right? list.

SlowFalcon
SlowFalcon None
2/8/21 9:37 a.m.
Jumper K Balls said:

16" Konig Rewinds made me regret going five lug on my car.

Were I to do it again I would eschew the Granada spindles and go with a scarebird disc kit with those wheels.

I know, reviving an old dead Thread (im sorry), What size Tires were you running on the 16" rewinds? That set up looks amazing. I would love to do something similar on my 65 Falcon.

I remember this car from my days on the HAMB and I don’t recall the owners saying what tire size they used, but IIRC the wheels are 16x7” so given the limited sizes available in 16” I would expect that to be something like 205/50-16 or 215/45-16.

Also, if you’re looking for 100+ pages of Falcon inspiration, this thread (where I think the original image comes from) is a good place to lose yourself: Falcons Done Right?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SCYJ1xSlyLuPiT1b3vwWdIex00NqLsFFtu3k5n3TLEGQMYhUl0r9YXujW2ArDykV