The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
5/24/19 8:42 a.m.

Story and Photography by Tara Hurlin

The wide stance and giant wings make it the one Honda Civic that Batman would drive. And like the Batmobile, this one goes out in all kinds of weather. “Snow makes for great rooster tails,” Cody Loveland, the car’s builder, says with a grin.

The Civic, lovingly called the Beastie Hatch, is now his …

Read the rest of the story

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/19 9:56 a.m.

Those look like factory front shock towers, I'm surprised they survive those spring rates, especially once the inner springs are engaged.

te72
te72 Reader
5/25/19 12:12 p.m.

I have to keep my cars from ending up at this level of insane. It's VERY tempting, but combine incompatible roads, lack of venues that would highlight an aero car's capabilities, and perhaps most importantly, I have no idea beyond theory what I'm doing with aero design, and... you see where I'm going with this.

Love this little Honda though, definitely has a presence!

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
5/25/19 1:32 p.m.

Be sure to follow Tara on Instagram she has a great feed.

Number1Gaza
Number1Gaza GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/30/19 10:34 p.m.

500whp in a car that probably weighs 2000 lbs, with enough aero and tires to put it to the ground, this might be one of the more ridiculous fwd builds I've seen. 

it would be interesting if someone took this shell and shoved a 4th gen Acura TL-S AWD drivetrain in it.  It would be a ton of fabrication and custom parts (driveshafts and axles would have to be custom built), and who knows how long the stock AWD drivetrain would last with a turbo pushing power through it, but it would theoretically be amazing.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vdry43lU8YX16fYdnfFsE4gQtnkcQIc8ee9x1iRGUgDsiwYgkizR8D8ABIyvtceP