Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/11/22 3:54 p.m.
feature_image

On the fence about making a pilgrimage to the Petersen Automotive Museum? Let us help you decide.

Not long ago, we visited the Petersen shortly after a remodel. Unfortunately, the collection we saw then lacked a bit of substance.

During a recent trip to L.A., though, we decided to give the museum a second chance. Our reaction this time around? You’ll have …

Read the rest of the story

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/11/22 6:05 p.m.

I was there at the end of march, and the trip was worth it JUST for the F1 collection.

the hypercars and bond in motion were just icing on the cake.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
5/12/22 1:58 p.m.

Word of warning about the Petersen: If you're anywhere remotely a car person, this museum will captivate you for hours. I strongly recommend a Vault tour for many of the vehicles not on display. A lot of them have incredible historic significance and the tour guides do a great job telling their stories. My personal favorites? The Magnum PI Ferrari and some of the presidential limos.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 2:24 p.m.

I did the vault tour a couple of years ago. It's more of a generic tourist tour than a gear head tour as it has more of an emphasis on who owned a car than what the car is - but well worth it regardless. I did kinda spoil the guide's surprise when I blurted out CadZZilla! as we turned the corner...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
khGLr6yHkIfgqvVgW1hLkdFJ4yQ6g1lasvOfwn6Id3z7Foza66V6gG29pDV1nnp5