1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
2/10/19 9:58 p.m.

Clark doesn't have fanboys. There simply are people who recognize that he was one of the greatest racing drivers of all time, that's all...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/15/19 7:50 a.m.

China is definitely a sight to see, but I love the license plate gag this week. FUQ B(mw) B(enz) C(addy). 

freetors
freetors Reader
2/15/19 12:00 p.m.
RevRico said:

China is definitely a sight to see, but I love the license plate gag this week. FUQ B(mw) B(enz) C(addy). 

Pretty sure that's more likely in reference to their former employer, the BBC.

RevRico
2/15/19 12:13 p.m.

In reply to freetors :

Well, yea. Which is why I thought it was funny. Although I find it strange playing this episode on the game. The way the game works, you see most of the tent or in field stuff, then do the actual driving as the scenes progress. They changed the number plates on the cars in the game to EUQ, but left them in the video as they were. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/3/19 10:37 a.m.

Just finished the most recent (the RV adventure).  That dune buggy racing looked like a hoot, loved the episode.  But I feel let down on who the mystery figure was?  I kept expecting some grand reveal or well any explanation.  But he just wandered off...  (My guess was the American from season 1?)

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
3/3/19 11:30 a.m.
Jerry said:

Just finished the most recent (the RV adventure).  That dune buggy racing looked like a hoot, loved the episode.  But I feel let down on who the mystery figure was?  I kept expecting some grand reveal or well any explanation.  But he just wandered off...  (My guess was the American from season 1?)

Maybe he's destined to be a regular feature as Clarkson's nemesis?  

Will
Will UltraDork
3/3/19 1:28 p.m.
Jerry said:

I think that's certainly the implication.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/3/19 1:32 p.m.
kazoospec said:

That was my assumption. And I do hope it turns out to be Mike Skinner, that would be a great callback.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/19 2:21 p.m.
Jerry said:

Agreed.  Having that “mysterious person” just drop in out of the blue was one of the tricks that made TG so special.

https://youtu.be/ocqfxt6EkxY

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/19 2:22 p.m.

We sat down yesterday and watched through the Scotland episode.  I have enjoyed most of it and the wife found it very funny except for the part where she thought Hammond may have died in China.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/3/19 7:31 p.m.
Tom_Spangler said:
kazoospec said:

That was my assumption. And I do hope it turns out to be Mike Skinner, that would be a great callback.

As long as he doesn't talk, I'm in.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/3/19 7:46 p.m.
Jerry said:
Tom_Spangler said:
kazoospec said:

As long as he doesn't talk, I'm in.

I'm 100% certain it was skinner. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/4/19 6:22 a.m.
Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/19 10:54 a.m.
Jerry said:

It was.  the-american-returns-for-latest-episode

Ugh, why?  Abby is so much better on screen and is an excellent driver.  Skinner is also a great driver, but the BS stereotypes he played up was atrocious and made me mute his parts of the show.

RevRico
3/4/19 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Stefan :

You haven't seen the episode yet have you?  Even though Abbie was in the Australian super car race this weekend, she's still firmly the driver, until they stop the tent shows next year at least.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/4/19 11:25 a.m.
Stefan said:
Jerry said:

It was.  the-american-returns-for-latest-episode

Ugh, why?  Abby is so much better on screen and is an excellent driver.  Skinner is also a great driver, but the BS stereotypes he played up was atrocious and made me mute his parts of the show.

Because it made for a really funny revenge bit against Clarkson. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/4/19 12:55 p.m.

As a (silent) revenge bit, it could be funny.  And if they keep Abby as the driver?  Even better.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/11/19 8:36 a.m.

Another excellent episode, IMHO. The Aston review was well done, the Citreon review was funny (although I'm sure some will say it was stupid, but what do you expect with Clarkson?), and the Corvette bit was just excellent in the same vein as the Jim Clark and Audi vs. Lancia.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/11/19 9:11 a.m.

The Corvette bit was entertaining and a good bit of journalism as well.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/6/19 8:38 a.m.

The Mongolia episode was fantastic.  

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
4/6/19 9:38 a.m.
kazoospec said:

The Mongolia episode was fantastic.  

Yes it was!  One of their best shows ever, in either show.

Anyone know if the vehicle was some kind of kit, or something they fabbed up specifically for the show?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/6/19 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

I’ve been googling but no joy so far

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
4/6/19 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Yup, same here...

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/6/19 2:04 p.m.

I really liked the Mongolia show, makes me want to visit mongolia really

rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
4/7/19 9:35 a.m.
Rodan said:

Anyone know if the vehicle was some kind of kit, or something they fabbed up specifically for the show?

From what I can find, it was a kit made specifically for the show.  Custom chassis, various Land Rover drivetrain bits, etc.  My first thought was "where can I buy one?"

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uu67AuEPrvUZLDxlxCTEHtr4eREIhzmxEAdVR5O4BFt2cloUK2r7Jkur7rZp9UPM