1 2 3
924guy
924guy HalfDork
7/21/09 7:23 a.m.
racer025 wrote: Automakers need to STOP making cars we dont want and shoving them down our throats. CR-Z will be a prime example. 140hp & 2800lbs??? We are getting too whimpy with needing all the heavy gadgets. Give me a clean CRX with a GSR engine. I can roll-up my own windows...

i agree with your statement, but not with your conclusion.

most new cars are four door, clones of clones, and to me, not at all interesting and seriously lack personality. they mask this with neat gadgets, and marketing, but in the end to me, most of them are still blahville, despite some awesome new technology they have. IMO the above are the cars I dont want, cant speak for anyone else..

The cr-z on the other hand, seems pretty innovative both inside and out, and im looking forward to seeing what the production version ends up to be, and what the sticker price will end up as..

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
7/21/09 7:33 a.m.

The Fiat 500 Abarth seems to resemble what the CRX of old was, while still having a nice interior.

racer025
racer025 New Reader
7/21/09 9:29 a.m.

My point is; in order for a model to survive and be successful in today's market, with the huge selection to choose from out there, you need to create something that caters to the masses. Too many auto makers rely on gagets to sell their product. For instance, take the late model Hyundai Accent 2-door. Not the most appealing car, but is extremely successful selling hundreds of thousands of them. Why? Because its quite reliable and you can buy one for less than $10K including a 5-year warrenty (without all the crap that eventually breaks). If Honda created a stripped down version of this CR-Z and got it down to 2300 with 175hp, and reasonably priced, then I'd be interested. I do like modern styling - I'd just dont want all the gagets.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/09 10:17 a.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: 2800 lbs. Sigh.

Not bad for a modern hybrid, but it's really disappointing compared to the 1600lb. CRX...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/09 10:43 a.m.

I agree with you on the gadgets.. that is why I could buy a new 1 series.. but choose to stick with my 318ti.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
7/21/09 1:07 p.m.
but it's really disappointing compared to the 1600lb. CRX...

Um...what 1600 lb. CRX?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/09 1:12 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
but it's really disappointing compared to the 1600lb. CRX...
Um...what 1600 lb. CRX?

Some of the JDM HF models are that light (US models start at about 1700) - but they're all under 2200lbs, most models are under 2000.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
7/21/09 1:52 p.m.

Those came with the translucent wall screens instead of doors, right?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B7I4z9iT7r7st7gwoP1XilMYESKiLaSc1JiWrtma4RG4ExtdJTJuyegCfKqVUD7d