trucke
trucke SuperDork
6/10/22 4:54 p.m.

Sorry, no Star Trek Lore here!  

It has been an exciting week as my oldest daughter made her autocross debut at our local night series.  She got 5 runs, all on course with all cones untouched.  Her 5th run was solo and was her fastest!  Knocked off 5 seconds from the first to last runs.  Her confidence is sky high!  Dad is so excited to have a race partner!

We left the Type R at home and pulled out the FX16 as it is slower and all analog.  Gives a better seat of the pants feeling so she can feel what the car is doing.  Those 500 treadwear Kumho's are very communicative.  We co-drove so she can see how its done.  Next time we work on a faster line!

She selected and ordered this helmet decal! smiley

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/10/22 5:05 p.m.

That's awesome!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/10/22 6:26 p.m.

Rock on and that car is awesome. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
6/10/22 7:18 p.m.

In reply to trucke :

Well done dad, well done.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/10/22 8:45 p.m.

Awesome. Your pride is entirely justified. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/10/22 10:11 p.m.

Very cool,  and it's kind of clear that the AutoX stickers pre-dates David- or he would have mentioned those, too.  Pretty sweet.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/10/22 11:14 p.m.

My daughter has a dude friend that is working an internship for an Indycar team.  She touched base with him at the Indy 500.  He also studying engineering at Purdue. 

There are a lot of great examples of the next generation carrying on with all this car stuff we like.    

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/22 9:20 a.m.

Very cool!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hj6RNulFs0ygYjdFsaEeyJFdN2PpnKvER4yNXt5yor6YjfXykeWbWrcKrvSY8Z3I