logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/15/17 7:55 p.m.

A few years ago I sold my Wrangler to help fund our first Chumpcar build. We just wrapped a new Chump build last spring and since nature abhors a vacuum, we are looking for the next project. The wife and I both want another Jeep.

Ideally I want someone elses project thats scattered around the garage in pieces. I just missed out on a CJ8 that would have been perfect. I want YJ and older. Only open top Jeeps are being considered.

Like many of us, I enjoy the hunt just as much as the actual car. Searching forums and Facebook groups will now be taking up a lot of my time. Luckily I am in no rush. I have cash and a trailer so I just need to find the right deal.

Let the hunt begin!

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
7/15/17 9:01 p.m.

Your inclusion of YJs makes me much more interested in this search.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/17 3:42 p.m.

Hows about a CJ?

I really want this so I'm pushing everyone else to buy it because I can't.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
7/16/17 9:19 p.m.

I had more fun in my Samurai's than I can even tell you. The CJ's are getting UP there in price now, like insane amounts.

My friend is rebuilding his '82 Scrambler he bought 20 years ago for $1,200. The same Jeep in that shape is well over $12,000 and up to $20,000. Just crazy. But still not as insane as Grand Wagoneers prices, geeze!

logdog
7/17/17 11:53 a.m.
RevRico wrote: Hows about a CJ? I really want this so I'm pushing everyone else to buy it because I can't.

Thats a wee bit different than what I would build.

logdog
7/17/17 11:59 a.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: I had more fun in my Samurai's than I can even tell you. The CJ's are getting UP there in price now, like insane amounts. My friend is rebuilding his '82 Scrambler he bought 20 years ago for $1,200. The same Jeep in that shape is well over $12,000 and up to $20,000. Just crazy. But still not as insane as Grand Wagoneers prices, geeze!

I don't think I have seen a Samurai in the wild since 1999. CJs are getting crazy. The CJ8 I missed out on was a pile of parts for 1500. I kinda kick myself over that one.

The wife and I looked at something last night and came to terms with the owner. Unfortunately, buying a car in PA seems to be a major PITA, especially on a Sunday night. He didn't want a deposit and we are supposed to meet at the AAA office on Thursday night. Since I dont have it I dont want to jinx myself and spill the beans. But its what we wanted, someone's​ project they already spent a metric ton of money on that needs finished. Plus it was remarkably close to my house (I was expecting to have to drive to Atlanta )

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
7/17/17 12:23 p.m.

I'll be waiting...

logdog
7/21/17 8:46 a.m.

Teaser....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iFo6FSU6BgDpfppG8nrNYe6rqPBDKw4CBuCowxikzfrdDlHK9mQsPK9QI0sGNTVn