P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/29/10 9:29 a.m.

I let John (ThunderCougarFalconGoat) borrow the P71 yesterday to run in STU with the Oregon SCCA because he drove his 89 P72 down and his GTO isn't ready yet. Video of the carnage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvaB-iC4uAA

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/29/10 9:49 a.m.

I looks like he was out for a sunday drive... smooth, engine sounded good.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/29/10 10:00 a.m.

See this is why I want a p71!

Hey P71 you have any tips on a good place to pick one up here in the NW (I'm down in Oregon)?

P71
3/29/10 10:03 a.m.

I got mine from Oregon. It's an ex-Oregon State Police car. When I got it it still had the yellow stinger stripes on the side (I left the giant #202 on the roof). Look around for any auctions. We have some WSP cars (all white) going up for auction up here in Longview soon. About 50 to choose from if you want to come up.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/29/10 12:39 p.m.

When are they going to be doing it? I never seem to be able to find when they are going to have the auctions, do they post them in the paper or is there a place online I can look for info? I just got back from down in Portland but if I might be able to get a good deal I might be up for another drive.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/29/10 1:06 p.m.

Going throughthe slolom there's a slapping sound. Is something loose or is he kicking cones?

Dan

P71
3/29/10 8:48 p.m.

John hit a lot of cones (and still placed 79/99 overall, he would have been 58th had he stayed clean in the first 3 or 49th had his 5th run counted) but the noise you hear is the shoe-polish rolling around the glovebox from the drag race last weekend...

Poor P71 never gets a moments rest!

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
3/31/10 2:32 a.m.

What kind of camera were you using for that? I have been debating getting a go pro but want to see what other options are out there!

As far as places to find p71s, I constantly see several of them posted for sale on Portland and Seattle craigslist! Even a few of the models that were detective/fire cheif cars w/o all the holes and other BS...

P71
3/31/10 8:30 a.m.

It's a GoPro Hero HD. You must get the HD version! There's other videos on my YouBoob:

Go-Kart

Miata

Miata at the same autocross as the P71

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 Reader
3/31/10 2:30 p.m.
P71 wrote: It's a GoPro Hero HD. You must get the HD version! There's other videos on my YouBoob: Go-Kart Miata Miata at the same autocross as the P71

Cool thanks!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/31/10 3:28 p.m.

Are you racing in the parking lot of a race track? That just seems funny!

P71
3/31/10 8:59 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Are you racing in the parking lot of a race track? That just seems funny!

Yes, yes we do. I think they get a kick out of telling people that they're "racing at PIR" when really it's just the parking lot. The surfaces suck but the room is OK. It's kind of fun when there's an HPDE going on on the "big" track at the same time.

Wowak
Wowak SuperDork
4/1/10 12:04 a.m.

You got a serious tonguelashing on miata.net about your suspension ideas, as well. :p

P71
4/1/10 8:37 a.m.

I think they think it's a cardinal sin to not put $2000 worth of adjustable coil-over on every Miata

I'm gonna buy the STR.T's just to piss them off.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dblFpNGXSjaE4NdzKEroSSRb5IUYo9SXjZwGK7jLYATbnCuvj7DgujwzDwjEAfed